Mileage?

Hi, on the MG Battery you can charge to 100% and not damage the battery. So charge to 90% every 3/4 weeks on wall charger then plug in granny charger to top up to 100% as this will give you a better millage range as well. Also push the OK button on the stearing wheel when fully charged to reset the millage. Hope this helps. P.S. Have a read on the MG battery for why you should charge to 100%
Andy.
MGZsEv 2022
The key difference for you and me is that LFP batteries can be charged to 100% each day, whereas lithium-ion batteries are recommended to be set to between 80% and 90% to avoid faster degradation of your battery.
Tesla has now updated it's recommendations that it's LFP can be safely charged to 100% without degradation.
You have to charge LFP batteries very regularly to 100% to keep the BMS calibrated. The voltage changes in LFP are smaller and thus require more frequent calibration. If this wasn’t the case I’m pretty sure the recommendation for daily charging would be lower. Still due to the higher cycle life the degradation from the 100% charging is unlikely to cause issues.
I hope you now charge your MG ZSEV to 100% with out worry. Cheers Andy.

LFP batteries can struggle to predict the range accurately unless they are charged to 100%.
Tesla Bjorn has observed this type of behaviour a while ago.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom