Missing stuff

S'funny that. I was thinking yesterday that the shitehawks don't hear the car coming and just carry on pecking at whatever it is pigeons peck at in the middle of the road. Had a couple of close calls.

Tried pigeon once but it either wasn't cooked very well or it's always a bit dense. Flavour was good though.

I've found an engine revving sound on Spotify just for this type of occasion.

The burble of a big loud american V8 would be nice to have for the pedestrian warning. (y)
I wonder if we could tap into the OBDII interface and customise the sound ?
I suppose you could just take the wire connected to the speaker and plug it into your radio output cable and play your radio, Spotify etc through that?

Or carry a fog horn around in the glove compartment for these sort of situations.

Maybe I should put a V8 range extender in the boot ?

Maybe I should put a V8 range extender in the boot ?
Not a bad idea. But on a more realistic note, I wonder if entrepreneurs might start to produce retrofit range extender options for electric cars to help alleviate range anxiety? It's always nice to know you have a few kW on tap:)

Not a bad idea. But on a more realistic note, I wonder if entrepreneurs might start to produce retrofit range extender options for electric cars to help alleviate range anxiety? It's always nice to know you have a few kW on tap:)
200,000,000ma lithium power bank?

Wasn't there one EV company that had the battery in a trailer and they were going to have an infrastructure of filling stations where you just pulled in and swapped trailers for a full one ?

Haha. You'd need a 32tonner to carry that! I was thinking more in terms of a small petrol genny for use in emergencies to get you out of trouble.
A small genny would struggle to give you 5Kw, so only really useful if a 3 pin plug isn't available. And don't forget to keep your fuel with you, and replaced as it does go off, and service the gen. And don't forget the space that'll take up too.
As you can imagine, I'm not feeling much love for that idea. :)

Wasn't there one EV company that had the battery in a trailer and they were going to have an infrastructure of filling stations where you just pulled in and swapped trailers for a full one ?
I'm sure that I read somewhere once about an EV where you could get a trailer that had an additional battery in the base of it that offset the reduced range from towing.
or maybe I just had a little too much to drink that day... better get that patented!

Here is the test of the pedestrian lert sound

You can't turn it off in the MG5. It does appear to be the same sound but I wouldn't assume that it has been directly transposed from the ZS.

It has its own fuse (F53) so you could try removing it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom