Do folk leave the USB stick in the slot between journeys - I heard/read something somewhere that advised not to......Taking the USB stick out definitely resets the player. Annoyingly - and it may be my folder set up - I have to backtrack through the folder in order to find the list of albums as well!

I leave mine in the car permanently. I have not found a way to get it out of the car without causing that message that says the stick is corrupted and let windows repair it.

I leave mine in the car permanently. I have not found a way to get it out of the car without causing that message that says the stick is corrupted and let windows repair it.
I think that's because the car uses a derivation of Android and puts its own reference files on the USB stick which Windows doesn't like so "repairs" it. I get the same message when transferring files from my Chromebook to my Windows laptop.

Leaving the USB stick in the car might corrupt some of the files if they are being written to when the stick is removed or the power is turned off although I haven't had that problem.

Do folk leave the USB stick in the slot between journeys - I heard/read something somewhere that advised not to......

I leave my USB C stick in permanently too and not had any problems. Not sure what issues it could cause ?. I'm pretty sure the USB ports lose all their power connection after 30 seconds of locking the car. In 5 months of ownership I've only had one instance where it needed to reread the whole stick for tracks.

I think that's because the car uses a derivation of Android and puts its own reference files on the USB stick which Windows doesn't like so "repairs" it. I get the same message when transferring files from my Chromebook to my Windows laptop.

Leaving the USB stick in the car might corrupt some of the files if they are being written to when the stick is removed or the power is turned off although I haven't had that problem.

I tried to use a stick that had been in the car and not "repaired" for something else, and it all went a bit pear-shaped until I allowed Windows to repair it. I don't know whether it's the extra files, or the stick being in place when the car is turned off, but it always happens.

It's no big deal though because the repair always works, and even if it didn't, the stick is merely a copy of a master folder held on my PC.

I love vinyl, so I purchased a wav audio recorder and recorded tracks like I would a cassette or mini disc. I connect via usb and I get track choices etc. Its the closest I can get to listening to what I want. It's weird when you can hear the crackle 🤣

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back