Moisture in car

MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Is it just me or is there a lot of moisture in others cars too?

I feels like it’s the same as wiping the shower screen when I wipe the windshield

I discovered yesterday that the A/C defaults to 'Re-circulate', which seems a bit daft as this probably creates the build-up of moisture and misty windows. So I now keep the A/C permanently ON (unless I'm having range anxiety :ROFLMAO: ) and ensure that External Air is selected (I can't remember what MG calls it, but it's displayed as an arrow entering the car from outside).

Changing the Default state may be buried in the Menus somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Mine seems to stay at the last setting I had it at. I agree that "recirculate" causes the windows to fog up. However I have been generally impressed by how well the car demists. Just press that demister button and it all goes away.
Yes I press the two on the left, so it blasts the windscreen and it does go away but once I turn it off it all clogs up again

I wonder if for some reason my car has a lot of moisture inside.

I’m thinking of putting a dehumidifier inside or has anyone got any other suggestions?

Yes I press the two on the left, so it blasts the windscreen and it does go away but once I turn it off it all clogs up again

I wonder if for some reason my car has a lot of moisture inside.

I’m thinking of putting a dehumidifier inside or has anyone got any other suggestions?
Yes, keep the Air on and make sure it's set to External Air mode (whatever it's called!)

I've had the air circulation set to auto recently, and I've found that a quick blast of the demist is enough to clear the windscreen at the start of a journey and it mostly stays clear. If it didn't I'd give it another blast, or take the trouble to go into the menu and change it to external air.

Is it just me or is there a lot of moisture in others cars too?

I feels like it’s the same as wiping the shower screen when I wipe the windshield
I never need to nor have wiped the inside of the windscreen and it has been very wet here over the last few weeks.

I always have AC on set to a low fan speed with demist and upper vents open, usually I set it to 22C or 23C. To clear I use the demist button which works within a few seconds, it is pretty quick to clear it.

I never need to nor have wiped the inside of the windscreen and it has been very wet here over the last few weeks.

I always have AC on set to a low fan speed with demist and upper vents open, usually I set it to 22C or 23C. To clear I use the demist button which works within a few seconds, it is pretty quick to clear it.
Aye bit hiv ye no goat palm trees 'n' 'at doon aer.🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Demist doesn’t take the moisture out of the car it just clears it from the window

I want to take the moisture out

I’ve seen these moisture absorbing pillow things might give that a try

I find it works remarkably well. Certainly better than most other cars I've experience of. However, one weird thing is that when I first turn the demister on it makes the fogging on the windscreen worse for about 15 seconds before it clears. Either the AC is putting out colder than ambient air for a few seconds or there's moisture in the vents?

Aye bit hiv ye no goat palm trees 'n' 'at doon aer.🤦🏻‍♂️😂
Pardon? I need a translation for that one.

Demist doesn’t take the moisture out of the car it just clears it from the window

I want to take the moisture out

I’ve seen these moisture absorbing pillow things might give that a try
As has been pointed out and as I said using the air conditioning will eliminate the moisture since it acts as a dehumidifier. If this isn't working then maybe you have a problem with water ingress.

Interesting thread. I have my MG booked at the dealer due to this issue. On two occasions I actually needed to wipe the interior as it kept fogging up.

Maybe my AC has a defect or software bug as it is quite useless when there’s a lot of moisture in the air combined with a tad of cold weather.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back