Movie files on MG4 infotainment system

I'm not meaning that, I'm asking whether a film or an episode is split up into individual files according to the way the chapters have been arbirtarily divided on the DVD.

A CD with a long piece of music is divided into tracks quite arbitrarily, to make it easier to find a particular place. Each track is then converted to a separate file when the CD is copied to the computer. One then has to rename the damn files in the right order to get the piece of music back in order.

I'm wondering if it's the same for DVDs, because these are also divided into chapters for ease of searching.

Depends on the software/program you use to rip the DVD.
Generally not though, you can just rip the whole film into a single file, and that will be the default setting.
In some programs that can specify in the settings to split into seperate files for each chapter if you wish.

I’ve got a dodgy Avatar movie I downloaded years ago, MP4 and it plays on my iPhone and laptop too. I out it on the car’s usb stick and it doesn’t even show the file let alone play it. Do I need to re-process it somehow?

Like an earlier member said MP4 is the best converted video to watch it's less Mb so you can put more vids on your USB stick. Also the MG screens are HD Display so won't play UHD and 4k .

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back