Moving to Octopus - current situation?

I have just join Octopus and having trouble to connect my MG EV ZS to the overnight charging rate.
In conversation with Octopus are telling me MG are not there list therefore cannot offer the overnight charge rate, even with a Ohme charger, Is this true or false?
Don't bother trying to connect the car, as you can't, just use the Ohme app

I have just join Octopus and having trouble to connect my MG EV ZS to the overnight charging rate.
In conversation with Octopus are telling me MG are not there list therefore cannot offer the overnight charge rate, even with a Ohme charger, Is this true or false?
False, with the Ohme it doesn't matter what car, be it Octopus Go or Intelligent Octopus.
Without the Ohme (or Wallbox) you can still get Octopus Go.

I am still having trouble to connect into Octopus. I have had the company who install Ohme charging point. They where an hour getting nowhere with the Ohme company. Who have had bad times in the past trying to contact the Ohme company. However they will keep trying next week.

I am still having trouble to connect into Octopus. I have had the company who install Ohme charging point. They where an hour getting nowhere with the Ohme company. Who have had bad times in the past trying to contact the Ohme company. However they will keep trying next week.
What tariff are you currently on and what are you trying to switch to?

I am not sure when you ask: What tariff are you currently on? As my phone under Ohme app I am getting, This charger is linked to another user. Please try to link a different one.

I am not sure when you ask: What tariff are you currently on? As my phone under Ohme app I am getting, This charger is linked to another user. Please try to link a different one.
If it is a new charger how can it be linked to another user unless you or the installer registered it using a Google account then you tried again using an email address?

Yes it is a brand new charger I had install over a year ago now to take up on on the Government grant of £350. But I have never used until now. I am not a wizz kid on to days technology. So sorry when you say using Google account by using an email. Can you please tell me what exactly I have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact the original installer and see what they say?

Did they give you any paperwork after installing and setting it up? (If yes check in there - they may have written down some relevant info).

I am with Octopus intelligent with an Ohme Charger. Charges overnight at 7.5p per kw. As I understand it, MG is not on their current list of vehicles but the Ohme charger is compatible and works fine with my ZS EV long range.

Agile yes, i believe; Intelligent, no (neither car nor HV are 'compatible', i.e. the Octopus software cannot interface with either the SAIC API or the HV API). If you've been following the FBook threads related to this, you'll have seen that HV are hoping to fettle their software to be able to interface to OVO's around now-ish; when any possible interface to Octopus Intelligent might happen is, it seems, either not known or not on the current (sorry) HV task list. Have you considered E.On Next 'Drive'? - it is more expensive than OI at 9.5 p/kWh overnight, but that overnight rate is for 7 hours from midnight to 07:00 - and doesn't need any interfacing software. Might it be worth doing the sums on that?

Hi, I have an MG4 long range and Hypervolt charger. Will Agile Octopus work for me? Thanks for any advice.
Hi, What sort of mileage do you do?
You can get the Go tariff if you have an EV and smart meters, 4 hours at 9p/kWh

Give octopus a call?
Hi, been with Octopus over 2 years now, very inventive company and very few complaints
I was on the GO tariff bt when that needed last July went onto Agile and so far very happy, You need to ge alert to watching the half hourly slots. This time of yeaR you'll always be paying for electricity. However a short while back in the milder weather one night I charged up about 120 miles worth and they paid me about 1.5p/KW. Could have charged last night at around 6.5p.
If you don't have the time to keep in touch with the daily, about 16.30 price publication you won't be able to make best use of Agile. Incidentally we do all washing/ dishwashing overnight also

Give octopus a call?
Hi update as just got pricing for tomorrow. By half hr from 0130-05.30
2.2,.02,1.87,.70,.22,-1.97,-180,0,2.65

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom