jerrylooney

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Looks like if you accidentally switch the light from auto , the follow-me home feature doesn't switch off the lights.
I've turned off follow-me home for the sake of some clue move forward.

As I was waiting for the AA man, My neighbour helpfully informed me that the lights were on for the last 2 days so there is a decent duration in the lead acid.

Emergency access was easy enough and it was a bog standard job for the AA man to charge up.

I've just noticed this too. Virtually all cars for past few decades have alarms that go off if you open drivers door to leave to remind you to turn off lights but not my Trophy. I've stood and watched for a while in case there is a delay but there doesn't seem to be one. I dare this is responsible for most flat batteries.

I've just noticed this too. Virtually all cars for past few decades have alarms that go off if you open drivers door to leave to remind you to turn off lights but not my Trophy. I've stood and watched for a while in case there is a delay but there doesn't seem to be one. I dare this is responsible for most flat batteries.
absolutely, I'm missing the dings. clearly the lane keep assist dev didn't code that bit.

My trophy does have an alert when I leave lights turned on (or not on auto-lights) and I open the driver's door.

what s/w revision are you on?
Think is 24 off the top of my head, I only know it shows an alert because I got a warning message the second night of owning the car as I pulled in late.

I switched to 'sidelights' when pulling into my street, as I have to face windows when turning in, then parked and opened the driver's door. I was met with an alert 'lights still on' or something, so I switched them back to Auto or Auto off.

Think is 24 off the top of my head, I only know it shows an alert because I got a warning message the second night of owning the car as I pulled in late.

I switched to 'sidelights' when pulling into my street, as I have to face windows when turning in, then parked and opened the driver's door. I was met with an alert 'lights still on' or something, so I switched them back to Auto or Auto off.
Yep, I definitely don't have that.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel