My iSMART app

pauljohnson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
My iSmart app shows tyres as normal. However see photograph with no air in tyres

Attachments

• IMG_0806.png
    IMG_0806.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 74
The observation was that the app is showing 0 bar pressure for all 4 tyres, yet the app is also saying that the tyres are Normal. ;)

Always seems to be some discrepancy between app and car, be it tyre pressures, battery %, available range, or temperature readings.

Sometimes the app doesn't register the actual pressures and simply reports the state with no pressures. I've seen mine say all tyres are at zero, while correctly identifying the one that was under pressure and saying the others were normal.

Assuming that the physical tire pressure is actual within limits, this constitutes a timeout in communication (as siteguru corrected my previous misread 🙏)
Fortunately it seems that the app runs on 2 communication channels, one for readings and one for alerts. Given my misread, it's easier to interpret 0.0 as as intermediate problem. I hope and guess that a refresh showed more believable values

My car says 2.6 on the front and 2.9 (now adjusted) on the rear, however my digital tyre pressure gauge (Topeak D2 I use for my bikes) says 2.2 and 2.5!?

I've adjusted the rear to match the front as thats closer to what it should be

We continually get warnings (both on screen with voice, and on app) that our rear tyres have low pressure, despite them having 2.6 bar each (both the car screen and the app also report 2.6bar each). This is driving us to drink (though not while we drive).

I have noticed that I get reports of low tyre pressure if the rear tyres are not at 2.8 bar (full load). When I set them at 2.5 bar (half load) the car and the app objected. [Ref Owners Manual Page 324].

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back