Name of boat

jasonufc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,
I have managed to secure an orange trophy for the end of the month. My dealer said the boat is expected in the country 21st/22nd October. Does anyone know the name of the boat?
Thanks

Hi,
I have managed to secure an orange trophy for the end of the month. My dealer said the boat is expected in the country 21st/22nd October. Does anyone know the name of the boat?
Thanks
As far as I can see there does not appear to be anything on the way at the moment. The Grand Venus docked in Bristol yesterday with MG4’s on board.

There may, however, be other ships, that SAIC are using.

According to my dealer the Grand Houston has some on due to dock on the 21st October and also the Goodwood which is due in on the 22nd - not sure where they are landing.

My blue SE short range is on the Goodwood which was in the Suez canal this morning en route to Istanbul.
Wow, our dealer is either lying through their teeth or completely incompetent then if yours can tell you what boat it’s on and where it is and ours can’t even tell us whether it will be in a shipment this side of Christmas. We were the 4th people to put in an order for an MG4 at our dealership.
From what I’ve been hearing, really wish we’d gone elsewhere but don’t want to lose our place in the queue. I don’t think their inability to get/share information bodes well for after sales care.

The dealer where I did a test drive said probably 6 months for a blue standard SE. When I spoke to the dealer I'm buying from they said they had one due in for the end of October so I said I would order it subject to them giving me some evidence (not that any salesman would lie 🤣). The regional sales manager sent me the manifest listing the ship, VIN numbers, colours, ETA and their MG dealer number.
I paid £100 deposit on the credit card to secure it and full payment on collection. They have done everything I've asked so happy to buy from them.
Until any dealer gets the manifest of what is on the boat from MG China then they cannot have any idea of timescale.

The Camden Grey SE SR that I ordered yesterday is due at the dealership 20-21 Oct. My order form (and car details in the app - I bought from Arnold Shark) shows the car's VIN. So if the VIN is known then it must be real. :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back