Need Suggestions // MG ZS Ev // Headlight Upgrade

just watched an official police video on modifying cars. Fitting led bulbs is illegal, mot failure and could invalidate your insurance. No smart comments from know it alls. This is the law the rest is up to you.
But you can make this smart know it all comment?
We all know they're illegal.

Me too, I'm not overly happy with the nighteye ones they seem quite dim so let's see what these bad boys can do !!
Cheers Sam 🍻
Let us know what you think regarding the comparison.
I'm planning on upgrading them when I get my car next week, can't decide which of the 2 to get.

If you can get hold of them the Koyoso are the best on the market (unless you pay £135 for the Philips 😳)
The Koyoso are 20,000 lumen in total, most Nighteye etc are only 10,000 lumens.

This is interesting FYI
Doubt they'd notice though to fail it during MOT!

Brexit 2021 Update​

Please note that since January 2021, the MOT Inspection manual has been updated to include LED bulbs.

Section 4.1.4 now states the following:

“Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.”

This is a brand new update that seems to only focus on headlights.

There are no mentions to fail other LED bulbs such as brake lights, tail lights or reversing lights.

They do go out of stock really quickly, there was only one pair in stock when I commented with the link. Lots of ZS EV and MG5 owners have been upgrading to the Koyoso bulbs.

Grow up, it's not a smart arse comment its solid advice to inform others so if you cant stop being petty, dont bother commenting.

Last edited:
Grow up, it's not a smart arse comment its solid advice to inform others so if you cant stop being petty, zip it.
How about no.
You felt the need to add incendiary comments to your "advice" and in the process you can expect someone to comment back about your brusque/rude manner.

I simply gave good advice you took it upon yourself to be childlike and offensive, carry this on and I will report you.

If you can get hold of them the Koyoso are the best on the market (unless you pay £135 for the Philips 😳)
The Koyoso are 20,000 lumen in total, most Nighteye etc are only 10,000 lumens.
You’ll start another run on them! Amazon just got stock back after the last time!

just watched an official police video on modifying cars. Fitting led bulbs is illegal, mot failure and could invalidate your insurance. No smart comments from know it alls. This is the law the rest is up to you.
Being pedantic - ‘fitting’ them is actually not illegal.

No smart comments from know it alls
This was unnecessarily incendiary
Rather than reply in kind, you should have reported his comment.
Grow up, it's not a smart arse comment its solid advice to inform others so if you cant stop being petty, dont bother commenting.
The response you got from @SCB86 was somewhat justified and this reply was not. Do not tell other people whether to comment or not.
How about no.
You felt the need to add incendiary comments to your "advice" and in the process you can expect someone to comment back about your brusque/rude manner.
I support this comment
I simply gave good advice you took it upon yourself to be childlike and offensive, carry this on and I will report you.
No, you included an incendiary comment and made a further incendiary insult with this reply
Go ahead.
He went ahead and reported you and I'm dismissing the report because it's unjustified. He started it. But you should not have continued it.
Calm down gentlemen! This is a rehash of old posts anyway....
Yes, as this forum grows, there will tend to be more instances where people disagree more vociferously.
If at any point someone is antagonistic / rude / antisocial, I will nip the behaviour in the bud. I will not allow any kind of unpleasantry here.
If someone behaves badly, please report them rather than responding in kind. @SCB86 this applies to you.
@Glyn this is a verbal caution. Please do not use incendiary language again.

So far, we've managed to get to over 1,000 members without my having to appoint moderators or issue any warning points. Let's keep it this way as long as possible, please.

I don't want to stifle banter or discussion and debates are healthy. However, if anyone sees any anti-social behaviour, please use the report facility. It's an anonymous system and appreciated.

Now back on topic, please.

Last edited:
This was unnecessarily incendiary

Rather than reply in kind, you should have reported his comment.

The response you got from @SCB86 was somewhat justified and this reply was not. Do not tell other people whether to comment or not.

I support this comment

No, you included an incendiary comment and made a further incendiary insult with this reply

He went ahead and reported you and I'm dismissing the report because it's unjustified. He started it. But you should not have continued it.

Yes, as this forum grows, there will tend to be more instances where people disagree more vociferously.
If at any point someone is antagonistic / rude / antisocial, I will nip the behaviour in the bud. I will not allow any kind of unpleasantry here.
If someone behaves badly, please report them rather than responding in kind. @SCB86 this applies to you.
@Glyn this is a verbal caution. Please do not use incendiary language again.

So far, we've managed to get to over 1,000 members without my having to appoint moderators or issue any warning points. Let's keep it this way as long as possible, please.

I don't want to stifle banter or discussion and debates are healthy. However, if anyone sees any anti-social behaviour, please use the report facility. It's an anonymous system and appreciated.

Now back on topic, please.
Stuart, I agree I could have handled it better. I didn't want to go reporting people for the sake of it either.
I've taken your comments on board.

Night eye

Attachments

• 20210205_210135.jpg
    20210205_210135.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 124
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom