New car day

What do you think of the dealership? Ive ordered one from there in late September, saying it should arrive in November. Fingers crossed.
They were ok but far from perfect. Slow on the communication side of things after they’d made the sale. Badly fitted front & rear numberplates which is one of my pet hates, why do they think manufacturers have pre drilled/threaded mounting areas for the plates??? The rear plate on my car and others at the dealership were positioned too high causing the plate to dig into the paint on the upper corners. If you look closely at the rear pic of my car you can also see masking tape poking out below which covers the threaded mounting holes. I could go on but what do you expect when you spend going on £30k, I feel more of a valued customer when I go to Screwfix and spend a fiver!😂

They were ok but far from perfect. Slow on the communication side of things after they’d made the sale. Badly fitted front & rear numberplates which is one of my pet hates, why do they think manufacturers have pre drilled/threaded mounting areas for the plates??? The rear plate on my car and others at the dealership were positioned too high causing the plate to dig into the paint on the upper corners. If you look closely at the rear pic of my car you can also see masking tape poking out below which covers the threaded mounting holes. I could go on but what do you expect when you spend going on £30k, I feel more of a valued customer when I go to Screwfix and spend a fiver!😂
how long did it take to get your car from point of sale?

4 weeks exactly but at the point of sale I was told it would hopefully arrive that week as it was already at the docks.

That rear plate is unforgivably careless. Brilliant colour choice.

Cheers(y). I've sorted the number plates now;).
A5454F0F-6036-4096-8EE7-AE598688A148.jpeg

Probably the same as in my fathers day. They have to meet sales targets which start off easy and get harder and by the time they've sold to all their friends and family so the details are on that dealerships database the sales target is nearly impossible unless they are exceptionally good and manage to hang on long enough to get repeat business.
Repeat business is the key, Especially with PCP's . Look after people get hold of the service dept's appointment book give PX valuations when in for a service etc etc.

So the saga of my purchase continues, However, with a happy ending. Had originally purchased an SE SR in white which was in the showroom and had to stay there until a replacement car was delivered . I was ok with this as I dont need the car until the middle of November .Was later offered a Holborn blue instead ( both had privacy glass) .
Went in yesterday . Long story short, the white had been sold to another dealership. Apparently my name hadn't been tied to the car so it was still showing as available . In the meantime I had decided against the blue. I was happy to fight my cause and argue for the white until ....... I was offered either Grey ( a Trophy ,no thanks) A Dynamic Red ( My favourite colour but extra for paint? no thanks) or the Blue ( gone off it, no thanks). In the end negotiated that I'd take the red as long as I didn't have to pay for it and got some mats thrown in. Deal done!
Car here in a couple of weeks . Happy customer , relieved sales staff!

Just joined the forum from Australia and looking at buying an MG4 when they arrive here early next year.
We will be getting 3 models I believe including the top Trophy model which has the SatNav etc.
Sad that the lower specs do not have SatNav and other features such as Cross traffic alert and bluetooth?
Can you connect your phone to the lower spec models and do they have voice control?
Also which spec is mainly purchased in the UK please as you seem to miss out on a lot in the lower priced models?
Cannot get much info on the various specs of the different models here in Australia yet.

Just joined the forum from Australia and looking at buying an MG4 when they arrive here early next year.
We will be getting 3 models I believe including the top Trophy model which has the SatNav etc.
Sad that the lower specs do not have SatNav and other features such as Cross traffic alert and bluetooth?
Can you connect your phone to the lower spec models and do they have voice control?
Also which spec is mainly purchased in the UK please as you seem to miss out on a lot in the lower priced models?
Cannot get much info on the various specs of the different models here in Australia yet.
The SE has bluetooth, no problems at all.
Also has Android Auto and Apple Car Play for nav etc. so no real need for built in Nav.

The Voice control works on Android Auto on my SE SR (I dont have iphone) but there is nothing to say to control the car.

Its the Trophy model only for any type of car car control I believe.
But sending/replying to messages, making/taking calls, playing music etc via Google assistant works great.
Long press on the Voice button to activate it.
I imagine Apple will be same with Siri and Car Play

There are quite a few differences between SE and Trophy.
Built in Nav
Half (P)leather seats with heated fronts and driver electronic adjustment
Heated Steering Wheel
That good old alertness alarm thing that is driving everyone mad at the minute.
More online connectivity on the Infotainment screen.
Obviously Roof spoilers
Black roof
360 Cameras
(No reversing camera on the SE is a bit of a pain, but you still get reversing sensors)
Folding mirrors
Bluetooth Key, which doesn't appear to work for starting the Car, but will unlock and lock from your phone.
Obviously longer range that the SE Standard Range, but weirdly the Trophy is less than the SE Long Range. (Extra Weight from the toys and spoilers apparently)
Projector headlights
Full width Light bar at the rear
Front indicators in the bumper in the air vents rather than built into the headlights
There are probably more but I cant think just now.

I went SE SR as the SE LR was £2500 for an extra 60 ish miles.
How often would I need/use those extra 60 miles ??
for me not often enough.
Then that would make the Trophy a Huge £7000 jump from the SE SR for the extra Toys, when the range didn't really matter to me, which was a definite no go.
Trophy would have been nice but I'd rather put that £7k to better use like the Home battery Storage system to reduce our electricity bills that we're looking into.

Each to their own though.

Last edited:
The SE has bluetooth, no problems at all.
Also has Android Auto and Apple Car Play for nav etc. so no real need for built in Nav.

The Voice control works on Android Auto on my SE SR (I dont have iphone) but there is nothing to say to control the car.

Its the Trophy model only for any type of car car control I believe.
But sending/replying to messages, making/taking calls, playing music etc via Google assistant works great.
Long press on the Voice button to activate it.
I imagine Apple will be same with Siri and Car Play

There are quite a few differences between SE and Trophy.
Built in Nav
Half (P)leather seats with heated fronts and driver electronic adjustment
Heated Steering Wheel
That good old alertness alarm thing that is driving everyone mad at the minute.
More online connectivity on the Infotainment screen.
Obviously Roof spoilers
Black roof
360 Cameras
(No reversing camera on the SE is a bit of a pain, but you still get reversing sensors)
Folding mirrors
Bluetooth Key, which doesn't appear to work for starting the Car, but will unlock and lock from your phone.
Obviously longer range that the SE Standard Range, but weirdly the Trophy is less than the SE Long Range. (Extra Weight from the toys and spoilers apparently)
There are probably more but I cant think just now.

I went SE SR as the SE LR was £2500 for an extra 60 ish miles.
How often would I need/use those extra 60 miles ??
for me not often enough.
Then that would make the Trophy a Huge £7000 jump from the SE SR for the extra Toys, when the range didn't really matter to me, which was a definite no go.
Trophy would have been nice but I'd rather put that £7k to better use like the Home battery Storage system to reduce our electricity bills that we're looking into.

Each to their own though.
Many thanks...not sure I will pay the extra for the Trophy as I am not concerned about Nav (I have a Garmin plug in), black roof and heated steering wheel, elec. seats etc.
Looks like the lower spec long range will be the go.
They may work out a bit cheaper here in Oz compared to the UK based on other chinese EV's here currently.
Again, many thanks for info.

Ditto here ... I opted for the SE SR because I don't need the additional range, and couldn't justify the extra (even though I would have liked the toys) :)

SE LR for us because of the multiple long Uni trips we do, 900 mile weekends. Also because the efficiency of the MG4 means the SE SR wouldn’t go any further than our Ioniq 38kWh, if I was only doing short trips we’d keep that.
Couldn’t justify the extra cost of the Trophy despite liking some of the features, particularly heated seats/wheel for long cold trips.

Wow that's a great deal on your ZS, that really cheap motoring..
My local dealer is selling used, low mileage, 2020 ZS Exclusives, for the same price I bought my 2020 ZS Exclusive brand new, just over 2 years ago, £26.5K

I am now elderly and retired and only cover around 150km (94 miles) weekly these days so could probably get away with charging it once every 2 weeks most of the time and I have solar panels so obviously very cheap to run. But in my err....maturing years I am more interested in buying the car for the technology and convenience rather than saving money on fuel. ;)
Do the SE model SR & LR have auto pilot and, if so, do you guys use it often and is it reliable please?
I have Adaptive Cruise on my current ICE SUV which works fine but it doesn't incorporate stop/start in the cruise control.

Last edited:
Yes the SR SE does have Auto pilot and it seems to work very. It will bring the car to a complete stop in traffic although you have to slightly press the accelerator to resume.

Yes the SR SE does have Auto pilot and it seems to work very. It will bring the car to a complete stop in traffic although you have to slightly press the accelerator to resume.
Thanks, does it keep the car within the lanes and steer itself provided you are touching the wheel similar to the Tesla?

Last edited:
Yes it does have a good go with Lane keep assist switche on but how effect at doing so is a bit sketchy in my opinion.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back