New car day

I am more interested in buying the car for the technology and convenience rather than saving money on fuel. ;)
Good viewpoint.
Myself, I'm more interested in buying cars due to the enjoyment of driving: handling; how do they hold the road; driver/road interaction; steering feel (or lack of it); pedal position for heal and toe if manual; gearbox throw; throttle response and how that ties in with the steering and gear shift etc.
But like you saving money on fuel is much lower on my essentials list.

Other than the manual gear change aspect, most of what interests you would seem to be delivered by the MG4. :)

Other than the manual gear change aspect, most of what interests you would seem to be delivered by the MG4. :)
I don't mind the look of the MG4 (except the side on view). I put 'tech' low on my list (cruise control/lane departure/autonomous etc etc, as i prefer to drive myself), but I love 360 cameras. And the 7 year warranty (if the manufactuer are good at honoring it, as in my experience, issues are handle better/worse by different manufacturers).
I also like the 50-50 weight distribution and RWD on what is (in reality) a 'normal' and not sports orientated car. My ND MX-5 has that (50/50 and RWD) and it's sublime on how it holds the road. Granted I'm not comparing a manual 1 tonne 'sports' car to a family EV hatch of course.
I also love rev matching and the interaction a manual gives though.

Agreed with that, turn off LKA and hope it never comes back on. TJA works ok apart from when it doesn‘t.
Sorry...I am a novice currently. So you can have Auto Pilot on and LKA off and it will just act like in Adaptive cruise mode allowing for the car in front slowing or stopping and starting off again with a prod of the accelerator but you still need to steer the car and it will not recognize stop signs or traffic lights etc?
In other words it is virtually the same as Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control on some ICE vehicles?
What does TJA supposed to do please?

Sorry...I am a novice currently. So you can have Auto Pilot on and LKA off and it will just act like in Adaptive cruise mode allowing for the car in front slowing or stopping and starting off again with a prod of the accelerator but you still need to steer the car and it will not recognize stop signs or traffic lights etc?
In other words it is virtually the same as Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control on some ICE vehicles?
What does TJA supposed to do please?
TJA is traffic jam alert
In slow moving traffic it will follow the car in front and stop and go as required.
If it's been too long it prompts you to touch the accelerator to set off again after a stop.

TJA on the motorway manages the adaptive cruise control but also steers the car via the white lines.
Its quite basic but will steer you round gentle corners on the motorway, keeping you between the lines.
It does require some steering input from you every 20-30 seconds or it warns you to put your hands on the wheel.
A tiny bit of movement on the wheel keeps it going ok.
It is a weird feeling having the car steer for you.

It will also speed up and slow down with the car in front too.
It's basic autopilot and works ok.
Just be aware if you want to change lanes make sure you indicate first or it will try keep you in the lane.
And this is LKA lane keep assist turned off !
Horrible with that on as well.
Not for the faint hearted

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums