• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New car, New Charger

Podpoint monitors the total power usage to prevent over loading the main supply fuse..
Yeah, I only had a 60A fuse when they fitted it with no problem. I did upgrade the fuse to 100A after.

I have 100A already fitted should be an easy install, order placed lets see how long it takes ???

Ive tried to get a Rolec fitted but Plugitin group are useless. They can’t seem to reply to emails promptly, and also said they would visit my property and never did.
Im stuck with three pin for now.

There is also the consideration of do you require an earth rod Zappi and pod point don't require a earth rod but rolec do unless they have just recently changed?

The charging point was the most difficult and frustrating part of buying an EV.
Our deal did not include a free Rolec as with some deals but the price paid £21,550 we were not worried. A leaflet supplied by the dealer said £275 but when contacted it came back over three times that amount.
Looked a number of suppliers, and on the web but in the end used an electrician suggested by the dealer that they used. We liked the EO Mini pro 2 and which he supplied and fitted for the same price on the EO webpage at the time.
The problems and frustration was all in the outside meter box: 15mm tails, 40A fuse, no RCBO, isolating switch had to have Power Networks change the 40A fuse but then they arrived could not do it as we only had a 40A meter (old style) so had to have a meter change by our supplier to a 100A smart meter which we did not really want but had no choice. PN returned, then said they could not fit a 100A fuse as the tails from the meter to the consumer box were only 15mm, so could only fit an 80A fuse to the connector block (the electrician had fitted 25mm elsewhere but as we were pulling much less within the house he said the 15mm would be okay) We called the the electrician who said 80A would be fine as he was fitting a separate consumer box direct for the charger within the meter box, thus bypassing the house.
Inside the meter box it has three owners:
Power Networks incoming to the fuse.
Electric supplier tails to the meter,
Homeowner tails to the consumer box.
Very pleased with EO mini pro untethered, we chose the black one, very small and discrete. Purchased and fitted by Billy from www.jbselectrics.co.uk.

Long story but an even longer three weeks to sort out ;-)

Attachments

• 20201101_113114.jpg
    20201101_113114.jpg
    567.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 20201101_112621.jpg
    20201101_112621.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20201101_112835.jpg
    20201101_112835.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Thanks Richie, I placed the order with pod point nearly a week ago but haven't heard a thing from them yet.
I have 100 amp fuse so should be more straight forward than yours.
With the lockdown on Thursday though I'm not holding my breath

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom