New Car order details Showing REG number

skynett

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. Just this morningI had a closer dealership to me having a Grey SE ready to collect from the 25th Nov so I cancelled an order from a previous dealer.

I paid the £200 deposit today and got the paperwork. There is a draft autoprotect page which has the VIN number as shown on other pages but it also contains what looks like a REG number in the format AB72 CDE right before the VIN number.

The Car is not even at the dealership yet, dealer said car will get to the dealership by 14th He said and Car will be available to pickup form the 25th.

Does this mean the car is already registered (I ran the reg through some insurer website but came back as not found.)

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this. Just this morningI had a closer dealership to me having a Grey SE ready to collect from the 25th Nov so I cancelled an order from a previous dealer.

I paid the £200 deposit today and got the paperwork. There is a draft autoprotect page which has the VIN number as shown on other pages but it also contains what looks like a REG number in the format AB72 CDE right before the VIN number.

The Car is not even at the dealership yet, dealer said car will get to the dealership by 14th He said and Car will be available to pickup form the 25th.

Does this mean the car is already registered (I ran the reg through some insurer website but came back as not found.)
Not necessarily, dealer may have allocated a VRM for you, this is normally done in advance of collection. But ask them explicitly, they should tell you.

We got our reg a couple of weeks before it was delivered to the dealer. Took about a week for insurance sites to actually see the car it was registered to. I believe they first reserve the registration and then once they're more sure the car is coming they'll register it to the VIN.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back