New MG ZS EV on order

Jontremayne

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have ordered my first EV and would welcome any advice as to what I need to check with the dealer when I take delivery.
I have also seen a lot of threads about upgrades to software, is it listed on any documentation that I will be given or do I have to trust the dealer when they say that it is all up to date?

I have ordered my first EV and would welcome any advice as to what I need to check with the dealer when I take delivery.
I have also seen a lot of threads about upgrades to software, is it listed on any documentation that I will be given or do I have to trust the dealer when they say that it is all up to date?
Join us for the MG EVs podcast this coming Monday at 7:30pm and you can ask the team your questions using YouTube chat.

Which dealer are you buying it from?

Check the thread below and see if your dealer is mentioned.

My Dealer is not mentioned in the replies. Appears that I am will be the only driver in Kent.
Dealer is Apple MG in Gravesend.

Read every thread on here and face book and any other to get the picture of MG EV vehicles. Then ask every damn question of the dealer and get his replies in writing!
THEN, decide if you want to pay to be a beta tester for MG and an educator for their dealerships.

There's a saying in DIY "measure once cut twice or measure twice cut once"

With car buying it could be "buy once think twice or think twice and buy once"

Your choice.

Read every thread on here and face book and any other to get the picture of MG EV vehicles. Then ask every damn question of the dealer and get his replies in writing!
THEN, decide if you want to pay to be a beta tester for MG and an educator for their dealerships.

There's a saying in DIY "measure once cut twice or measure twice cut once"

With car buying it could be "buy once think twice or think twice and buy once"

Your choice.
By the very nature of this thread and others, all the problems are highlighted. Not everyone has all the problems, probably most don't have any or very very few.
It's a bit like reading the reviews of hotels, you see all the complaints but very few comments by those who were very satisfied.
It is our nature to moan and complain, not so much to praise.

By the very nature of this thread and others, all the problems are highlighted. Not everyone has all the problems, probably most don't have any or very very few.
It's a bit like reading the reviews of hotels, you see all the complaints but very few comments by those who were very satisfied.
It is our nature to moan and complain, not so much to praise.
Also some errors are user error for drivers new to EV’s in general. I’ve done over 12500 glorious miles in my ZS EV and love it after the comfort 2 updates, loved it before to be fair, but more now.

I’m lucky with that, mg Chorley in Burnley seem to be fully genned up about all the upgrades etc.
Probably with miles on board at their group helps, but overall a great service there and free updates

Car picked up today.
All updated, temp on display, charged with doors unlocked. Dealer handover was a delight including a brief explanation of the hidden manual key and the AA package included. I had read many reports of issues and was all over the car in the first few hours looking for the noisy sunroof etc. so far so good! I can already appreciate the love some of you show to the electric experience and for the money paid I think I have got great value. Will update as my electric life progresses.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom