New MG ZS EV

northcote

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
hi pleased to say picked up our new zs ev exclusive on wed 30/06/21 we are pleased to be ev car owners at last
all looks good but some advice would be very much appreciated the car will not charge when doors unlocked i think this car was made in Sept 2020 should it have the updates to correct this many thanks

Hello, and welcome to the forum and EV ownership! I think your car needs the software updating - best get in touch with your dealer to confirm.

Hello, and welcome to the forum and EV ownership! I think your car needs the software updating - best get in touch with your dealer to confirm.
This is what the update should include:

The new 2nd generation of Comfort System Operation includes changes to:
  • Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

Hi Joe thank you for your time
yes the car would be locked but as i understand it from some comments made by others that if the updates are not up to date that the car will not accept a timed charge if the doors are locked as the car will not wake. or am i just getting confused with bms updates and comfort 2 update.
hope this makes sense my zappy will not be installed until early August
ps the car will be in the garage when charging so could be left unlocked at times

Hi Joe thank you for your time
yes the car would be locked but as i understand it from some comments made by others that if the updates are not up to date that the car will not accept a timed charge if the doors are locked as the car will not wake. or am i just getting confused with bms updates and comfort 2 update.
hope this makes sense my zappy will not be installed until early August
ps the car will be in the garage when charging so could be left unlocked at times
This forum does support punctuation (y). Using it would make your posts much easier to read.

You should contact the supplying dealership ASAP ……..
ASAP ? it's not really a safety issue is it. :D
The easiest solution is to lock it when charging.
Mine's the same, bought it July 2020, comfort 2 installed, only charges when locked on AC, old 456v BMS and running great.
sorry
if it was not for spell checker it would be much worse.
do you know of any punctuation software
Try this. Grammarly for PC
or One of these for Android

hi another question re my 1st post is this going to effect my zappy timed charging when it arrives
You should be able to charge without issue with the Zappi, doors locked or unlocked. I have solar and use excess to charge. I can also set timer through the Myenergi app or online account to coincide with price thresholds on my Agile tariff.

hi pleased to say picked up our new zs ev exclusive on wed 30/06/21 we are pleased to be ev car owners at last
all looks good but some advice would be very much appreciated the car will not charge when doors unlocked i think this car was made in Sept 2020 should it have the updates to correct this many thanks
I've a July 2020 ZS EV; it has never charged unless locked. I thought that was how they all were/are. And it seems sensible.

I've a July 2020 ZS EV; it has never charged unless locked. I thought that was how they all were/are. And it seems sensible.
It’s more so needed when doing a DC charge I’d suggest.
When you’re charging at home in AC you don’t particularly sit in the car and need it unlocked, although you could be wanting to access it/be cleaning it etc etc.
When doing a rapid DC charge you could well be sitting in the car etc waiting for the quick charge, so it’d be a problem if it only charged when locked.

It’s more so needed when doing a DC charge I’d suggest.
When you’re charging at home in AC you don’t particularly sit in the car and need it unlocked, although you could be wanting to access it/be cleaning it etc etc.
When doing a rapid DC charge you could well be sitting in the car etc waiting for the quick charge, so it’d be a problem if it only charged when locked.
I haven’t had the latest BMS update but I had the comfort 2 update last year. I can charge if I sit in the car and use the door lock to lock the doors - the wing mirrors stay in position too. To stop charging, just use the unlock door button again. Don’t use your remote. Good thing about this too is you get to hear the charge port lock engaging and briefly see the ‘connected but not charging display‘ change to ‘charging’. This is with AC 7Kw (fast) connections to public chargers, like podpoint. Haven’t tried a DC (rapid) charge yet…

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom