New MG4 rivals

duncerduncs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
The Peugeot e-308 has been 'revealed' today - nice looking vehicle but the specs aren't as good....

I like the little dig at MG by claiming the estate is the first "European" one!

The e-Astra will also be on the same platform as this.

I'm not sure what Stelantis are trying to do, but I just don't see this selling. Range anxiety is still a big issue for most people who don't have an EV and unless that battery is a lot more efficient than the one in the 208 etc, people won't want it. At least the 208, Mokka could be considered small cars mainly for running around cities, but this is going to be used as a family car with more expected of it.

The price will be important, but I don't see they'll get many people swapping from the ICE options to this unless they really want an EV and if they want an EV the MG is likely to be a lot cheaper. If it's priced much more than the MG, it'll be in range of VW or Kia and I don't see anyone outside France choosing a Peugeot over the alternatives available.

It's interesting that, yet again, it's a converted ICE like the 208. And they don't seem to be doing as good a job as SAIC did with a 2 generation older model to create the MG5. Why can't the legacy manufacturers just copy SAIC? I'm looking at you Ford - the Mach-e isn't mainstream.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back