New owner dynamic red!

richie88

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just finished negotiating a price for a new dynamic red se. £300/m which is what I'm paying for my golf. Added bonus of free charging can't wait! Pick up is on tues.

The trophy was sadly outside my price range.

Waiting for the pics!

Did you go for the SR or the LR battery? (I've also moved from a Golf, a 2009 GTi, and I don't really miss it even though it had a higher spec. It was of its time.)

Waiting for the pics!

Did you go for the SR or the LR battery? (I've also moved from a Golf, a 2009 GTi, and I don't really miss it even though it had a higher spec. It was of its time.)
Just the standard. Had a choice for a pre registered blue one for £284 but didn't like the color. I'm part exchanging a 2019 gtd. Got £19600 which was decent.

Well, it would be too bad if we all liked the same thing! #teamblue

I wanted the blue but the red is probably my second-favourite colour. That's a decent trade-in value. My insurance gave me £4,000 for my GTi after some idiot in a BMW came out of a side street and ran into me in December. I freaked at first as I didn't want to be stranded (it was only cosmetic bodywork damage but they decided they'd rather write it off than fix it), but then I thought about the economics of keeping the Golf on the road and saw the MG4 and capitulated. My local dealer had a blue SE SR in stock and since that was exactly what I wanted I took it.

I reckon the SR battery has quite a lot of advantages if you don't really need that extra bit of range. I seldom drive more than 150 miles in a day, and the simplicity of the SR is attractive, not to mention no cobalt.

I originally wanted the blue, but when I saw it "in the flesh" it didn't live up to my expectations. The grey though ........ :)

I'm seriously considering an MG4, and so far my colour preference has gone from black to grey to white to (currently) red. No idea what I'll end up going for.

...and blue is common 🤣

Don't care! 😘

I'm seriously considering an MG4, and so far my colour preference has gone from black to grey to white to (currently) red. No idea what I'll end up going for.

See what your local dealer has in stock. That might make the decision for you.

Anything I need to know? Pretty strange to be going all electric. Have people signed up for the service plan? About £7 per month

I used Vic Young for the service plan. £6.80 per month inc AA renewal. Did you use this dealership for yours?
seem a decent enough price when you look what other owners have been quoted on here

Get a quote from the MG website. You enter your location and it offers you local dealers. Select one, specify number of miles per year, how long the plan is to last and extras, eg MOT. The plan is more expensive than the sum of the services and the 4 year plan is very expensive. Must be assuming severe inflation after 3 years.

Correction: Just read the contract. Not inflation but a management fee of £1.20 over 34 months - I chose a 3-year plan at £470.19. I looked at a 4-year plan but rejected it because it seemed very expensive at £743.16 - the 4th year service was over £200 so perhaps inflation after all.

Last edited:
Grey is boring. But somebody has to buy the grey cars... :cool:

The metallic Grey is one of the better colours to have in the summer, it glistens in the sunlight when it's treated right.. I prefer the term unobtrusive to boring.

Grey Trophy with black roof is a nice balance for me 🙃

Get a quote from the MG website. You enter your location and it offers you local dealers. Select one, specify number of miles per year, how long the plan is to last and extras, eg MOT. The plan is more expensive than the sum of the services and the 4 year plan is very expensive. Must be assuming severe inflation after 3 years.

Correction: Just read the contract. Not inflation but a management fee of £1.20 over 34 months - I chose a 3-year plan at £470.19. I looked at a 4-year plan but rejected it because it seemed very expensive at £743.16 - the 4th year service was over £200 so perhaps inflation after all.
I assume the 4th year service is expensive as it includes changing the coolant in both the cooling systems that the car has.

I assume the 4th year service is expensive as it includes changing the coolant in both the cooling systems that the car has.
I had a look myself on the website yesterday and yes it does look expensive especially the 4 year plan.

It didn’t make any difference which location you selected. I had a quote from the dealer that I am getting my car from prior to going over for a test drive and it seemed to be cheaper than the main website. So it appears dealers can set their own prices.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back