• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New Phev Owner Question

With notice of my HS PHEV arriving later this month, I've been reviewing the MG website etc and notice that one of the comfort additions now states privacy glass on rear windows. Has anyone that taken delivery of theirs recently had their car arrive already tinted?

It also seems to omit the panoramic roof on the exclusive so I'm hoping it does have one when it arrives 😬

With notice of my HS PHEV arriving later this month, I've been reviewing the MG website etc and notice that one of the comfort additions now states privacy glass on rear windows. Has anyone that taken delivery of theirs recently had their car arrive already tinted?

It also seems to omit the panoramic roof on the exclusive so I'm hoping it does have one when it arrives 😬
I am thinking that orders placed a while ago, will STILL retain the factory sky roof.
New orders placed in / after July 2022 our latter, COULD have the roof omitted when it arrives.
It's a bit of a "Crap Shoot " as our friends from the USA would say.

Oh nice, I didn't know such a thing was out there. Would you mind sharing what you purchased, please? 😊
AAWireless | Wireless Android Auto™ for everyone

Is where I ordered mine from. Deliveries are about a month so I hear with shipping in 7 days they say, mine took about 3 months so production has speeded up.

You should certainly get the sunroof, I guess it was a put the price up or remove some of the toys, most manufactures charge in excess of £1k for sun roofs, tinted glass a fraction of that and they don't need a tin opener. Just had mine tinted from B pillar back cost £186.

Last edited:
Many thanks to all with comments and views on ’turbine’ noise and ‘screeching’. When I test drove last October the noise was not apparent especially as the weather on the south coast needed the windows to be closed. It is really intrusive at the moment with windows and sun roof open!
Should I have a conversation with the dealership as 4000 miles for me will be sometime next year?
Minor pedal vibration occasionally, no big deal.

Many thanks to all with comments and views on ’turbine’ noise and ‘screeching’. When I test drove last October the noise was not apparent especially as the weather on the south coast needed the windows to be closed. It is really intrusive at the moment with windows and sun roof open!
Should I have a conversation with the dealership as 4000 miles for me will be sometime next year?
Minor pedal vibration occasionally, no big deal.
IMO: about turbine noise? no, its normal. About pedal vibration? yes, thats ussally corrision on the disks due to regen which means the disks arnt clearing normal suface rust as often, but always worth checking.

I'm going to get it checked out at a dealer, in pure ev mode up to 29mph there is the motor noise which tails off then at about 30mph. But, at 35 to 39 mph, it's like someone is blowing a whistle which stops as you back off the accelerator and start when you apply power again, over 40 as you increase speed it stops.
Mine went in yesterday for check as same noises they say they like that as i disagree purchased in oct 2021 no noise when i purchase or i would have returned for full refund it was fine until i had a dvla recoil which was a computer update and its since then i noticed a lot more whistle noise in the passed 3 weeks has got very loud the main agent are sending a complaint into MG head office to see what can be dune I asked for a new motor to be fitted or new car as only 9 months old and when i noticed getting louder had less the 5000 miles now 6100 i had from new only driver well looked after I
IWOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS PHEV HS PLUG IN IF I KNOW HOW LOUD THE SQUEAL WHISTLE IS NOW WHEN L HAD NEW DRIVING HOME NO NOISE AT ALL
lhopping it will get sorted out very soon
please let me know your thoughts or experance
David

n

Mine went in yesterday for check as same noises they say they like that as i disagree purchased in oct 2021 no noise when i purchase or i would have returned for full refund it was fine until i had a dvla recoil which was a computer update and its since then i noticed a lot more whistle noise in the passed 3 weeks has got very loud the main agent are sending a complaint into MG head office to see what can be dune I asked for a new motor to be fitted or new car as only 9 months old and when i noticed getting louder had less the 5000 miles now 6100 i had from new only driver well looked after I
IWOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS PHEV HS PLUG IN IF I KNOW HOW LOUD THE SQUEAL WHISTLE IS NOW WHEN L HAD NEW DRIVING HOME NO NOISE AT ALL
lhopping it will get sorted out very soon
please let me know your thoughts or experance
David

n
Hi
your car noise is the same as every one in this post, I have also listened to other EV cars also drove a ZS EV to day and when there is no back ground noise you will hear the motor inside and if you have the windows open it will be louder. Other makes that pasted me when walking make noise. This time I am on the side of MG your motor is working there is no fault with the motor, you say you have had a DVLA recall this is new to me and not seen that at all. I would think you not much chances of a new car or replacement motor.

Hi
your car noise is the same as every one in this post, I have also listened to other EV cars also drove a ZS EV to day and when there is no back ground noise you will hear the motor inside and if you have the windows open it will be louder. Other makes that pasted me when walking make noise. This time I am on the side of MG your motor is working there is no fault with the motor, you say you have had a DVLA recall this is new to me and not seen that at all. I would think you not much chances of a new car or replacement motor.
Sorry, you are completely wrong, you are not understanding the noise in question. My car now has 1600 miles on the clock,, if you drive the car on a quiet road with both windows down on EV only mode, you can hear the motor ramp up and then goes quiet at about 30MPH, if you continue to accelerate up to 35, 36, 37, a loud screech appears, its when the motor is approximately at 6000-6500 revs, mine is very loud. I reported it, I then drove two of their demonstrators, one with under 500 miles on, noise was there but very quiet and bare able, their other car has 1700 miles on, screech is there, but quieter than mine, they agree mine is loud and are raising a technical report with MG UK. It seems they are making a noise but at different levels, my MG5 ele tric makes no noise at all, there is clearly an issue with these HS EV motors, they should not screech loud enough for people to look at you as you drive by. I too, would not have bought this car If I had known, I will wait to see what MG have to say then go from there.

Sorry, you are completely wrong, you are not understanding the noise in question. My car now has 1600 miles on the clock,, if you drive the car on a quiet road with both windows down on EV only mode, you can hear the motor ramp up and then goes quiet at about 30MPH, if you continue to accelerate up to 35, 36, 37, a loud screech appears, its when the motor is approximately at 6000-6500 revs, mine is very loud. I reported it, I then drove two of their demonstrators, one with under 500 miles on, noise was there but very quiet and bare able, their other car has 1700 miles on, screech is there, but quieter than mine, they agree mine is loud and are raising a technical report with MG UK. It seems they are making a noise but at different levels, my MG5 ele tric makes no noise at all, there is clearly an issue with these HS EV motors, they should not screech loud enough for people to look at you as you drive by. I too, would not have bought this car If I had known, I will wait to see what MG have to say then go from there.
Let’s hope MG UK come back with something good and not fob you off. As you have been in two other cars and it’s louder in them they should.

The Petrol engine by itself is very thirsty. With a flat battery expect 30-35 mpg.
With sufficient battery, you’ll get between 40-50 mpg. I did 250 miles yesterday having started with 70% charge.
The only way to get better mpg is to go between 60-65mph
That or only drive within electric range

We have just welcomed a new MG HS Phev into the family to sit alongside our MG5 LR.

Two questions,
1. is the loud Jet engine take off noise normal for this car when driving off.
2. The car has just completed 288 miles from new and the average mpg is 49.3 mpg, this cannot be right can it. Mixed roads, short and longer journeys. What is the best driving method to get this figure higher. I'm not heavy footed, I'm used to ev driving. At one point the driver info was showing ev at -2.4kwh.

Any advice gratefully received.
Over the past 4600 miles I am getting 68.6 mpg which included about 1000 miles towing a caravan. Over the last 450 miles I managed 125 mpg. No towing. I fill the battery up every night to keep it full at the start of every journey.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom