New price for ZS EV

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I see that MG have dropped their introductory offer of £2500 customer contribution; you can only get the £3k government grant now.....sales must be going well.

It was a good deal while it lasted and we benefited ?. I say that “Fully Charged” on YouTube has put the MG in their top list of EVs

£25495 for the Excite or £27995 for the exclusive OTR. Metallic paint is £545 extra and Tri coat Red another £695.

According to the website finance offers section (Assuming it's up to date!) If you take out PCP, you can still get the extra £2500 contribution though. So if you're really a cash buyer it would be prudent to buy the car on PCP then contact the provider (Santander) to settle in full the following week. ;)

You beat me to the response, but agree with the above and so us who bought early have massively benefited. It would be nice to know how many MG EV vehicles have actually been sold in the UK now...

I have tried to get some sales figures but I failed to find a definitive total. What I did find out is that the MG outsold the Kona by a large margin and would have continued to do so had there been no lockdown. Hyundai are limited to 3000 units per annum where as MG have unlimited supply and I’m sure have surpassed that figure some time ago.
Also just found out that MG have loaned the NHS 100 EVs for the duration of the Corona outbreak. MGs’ sales department get top marks for determination.

£25495 for the Excite or £27995 for the exclusive OTR. Metallic paint is £545 extra and Tri coat Red another £695.

According to the website finance offers section (Assuming it's up to date!) If you take out PCP, you can still get the extra £2500 contribution though. So if you're really a cash buyer it would be prudent to buy the car on PCP then contact the provider (Santander) to settle in full the following week. ;)
Is that before, or after the government grant?

Do you think that when the VW ID.3 is (finally) available, that the ZS EV might then find the competition very stiff?

ID.3 basic configurations:
BatteryChargingRange0-62Total PowerTop SpeedPrice *
45 kWh50kw DC170 miles8.0 sec100 kW (134 hp)99 mph£23k
58 kWh100kw DC215 miles7.0 sec150 kW (201 hp)99 mph£31k
77 kWh125 kW DC280 miles5.5 sec200 kW (268 hp)112 mph£38k
* on the road price after £2,500 government grant.

It wouldn't be the cheapest, decent EV any more.
I struggle to think why anyone spending near £40k wouldn't buy a model 3. You'd have to be crazy to by an e+ Tekna Leaf.

Last edited:
Is that before, or after the government grant?

Do you think that when the VW ID.3 is (finally) available, that the ZS EV might then find the competition very stiff?

ID.3 basic configurations:
BatteryChargingRange0-62Total PowerTop SpeedPrice *
45 kWh50kw DC170 miles8.0 sec100 kW (134 hp)99 mph£23k
58 kWh100kw DC215 miles7.0 sec150 kW (201 hp)99 mph£31k
77 kWh125 kW DC280 miles5.5 sec200 kW (268 hp)112 mph£38k
* on the road price after £2,500 government grant.

It wouldn't be the cheapest, decent EV any more.
I struggle to think why anyone spending near £40k wouldn't buy a model 3. You'd have to be crazy to by an e+ Tekna Leaf.

Depends what you want from a car. The ID3 format and build quality may well suit a lot of people more than the Model 3, so I think the highest spec, biggest battery ID3 may well take some 3 sales.

Personally, if I was spending £40k on a car, I'd get a used Model S, far more prestigious and avoids the Model 3's whiff of mid ranking company car BMW 3 series convert! There really are an awful lot of these as well, we have to hope they don't bring aggressive BMW driving habits along to EV world lol!!

It’s not pcp in the true sense so this is no longer viable

It’s not pcp in the true sense so this is no longer viable

Whatever it actually is, Santander will calculate a settlement and let you pay in full and take ownership shortly after the agreement is up and running. The settlement will be within a few pounds of the total borrowing allowing for the few days interest from agreement start to settlement. :)

Whatever it actually is, Santander will calculate a settlement and let you pay in full and take ownership shortly after the agreement is up and running. The settlement will be within a few pounds of the total borrowing allowing for the few days interest from agreement start to settlement. :)
So what is the advantage of doing this ?

The new prices can be quite confusing at times as quoted in the Auto Express magazine recent. They compare a MG ZS EV Exclusive against Kia e-Niro how it can do everything that the MG can do just better. But when coming to the pricing they were a in a mess with it all. One page showed £27,995 for MG and £34,995 Niro. Yet in the same magazine under new car prices the MG was £23,245 and the Niro was £37,995! That is a £14,750 different. Was that mention in the test? Nope.

They will only draw reference to price when it suits, let’s face it the MG ZS EV is not perfect, but it’s a very good car for the money in comparison to other makes and the prices they charge, a little less perfect for a saving of thousands...it was a no brainier for me with this being my first EV and I came from a Volvo XC90, which was a quality car; am I disappointed no it’s a fraction of the price and very good for what I need.

I forgot to mention in the same magazine Auto Express under new class car winners. Best electric car was the MG ZS EV.
Yet no mention of the Kia-e Niro! Its a pity some of this so call professionals car reporters don't do there homework beforehand!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom