new tyre

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
got a puncture today unfortunately its just on the edge of the sidewall so need a new tyre finding it hard to get a tyre to match they are bridgestone ep422 plus 205/60 r16 96v any one found these ?

I think they are a US China tyre only,
I'm looking at Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons next.

As above, they weren't really sold in the UK market so it may be better to bite the bullet and buy at least a pair of something more suitable.
You could sell the good tyre (probably to someone like yourself!)

Found a good replacement on national tyres same size speed and load rating I will just get the one don’t mind having a odd one 🤓
Much better to have an identical pair on the same axle.
Which tyre did you go for?

I'm not sure why inner-tubes went out of fashion for situations such as this. It could be health and safety or simply that the tyre-fitters get more profit from fitting another brand new tyre when there is a puncture in the sidewall. Who knows?

I was in the same position on my other car just a couple of weeks back.
puncture.jpg

Does anyone know if after using the emergency repair fluid supplied with the MG for a puncture, is the tyre is still serviceable? I know sometime ago KwikFit recommended that once you had used the fluid the tyre was rendered U/S

Does anyone know if after using the emergency repair fluid supplied with the MG for a puncture, is the tyre is still serviceable? I know sometime ago KwikFit recommended that once you had used the fluid the tyre was rendered U/S
Once it’s used you have to replace the tyre

I've been doing a bit of research and it should come as no surprise that the Ecopia EP422 Plus has poor availability. It seems to have been introduced (in the USA at least) in 2015 so is positively ancient in the tyre world!

If the tyre repair gunk is water based, you can usually reuse the tyre, if its not then it's almost impossible to clean the area for a patch.

Last edited:
That whole gunk malarky was my reason for getting the space-saver... It's sitting in my garage now, just waiting for the car! :)

...I had the Goodyear Vector 4's put on my Citroen Cactus, as they were apparently the pick of the bunch for "all-season" tyres (we do get snow where we are quite often) in, I think, an Autoexpress review. However I didn't rate them as mucjh as the Michelin CrossClimate ones I'd had before, especially in the dry.

Discovered yesterday that the spare wheels - fitted with winter tyres - from my old car (C-Class Merc), fit perfectly on the MG5. So, one of those will be going 'under the floor' as a normal sized spare tyre - like in the old days. Feel a lot happier with a 'proper' spare, instead of the modern substitutes

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom