new tyre

Hmm. I swapped my alloys so have 4 spares I wonder if they will fit in the boot?

What were your long term plans for the original wheels?

Hi Joe - since verifying that the Merc wheels definitely fit the MG5 - will keep them as a spare set for winter, until convinced that the 'all seasons' Bridgestones' prove sufficiently effective

If the tyre repair gunk is water based, you can usually reuse the tyre, if its not then it's almost impossible to clean the area for a patch.
The Holts produce can be washed out and the tyre used again.
I always have one in the car, don’t even carry the OEM canister.
Oh ….,, I also have a space saver wheel as well !.
Keep all of your options open I say !.

I got a can in with the GardX paint protection pack which is water based and it says on the can it can be washed out with water. There is a hazard warning that it fills the tyre with a flammable gas though. 😲

I got a can in with the GardX paint protection pack which is water based and it says on the can it can be washed out with water. There is a hazard warning that it fills the tyre with a flammable gas though. 😲
..I think a lot of aerosol cans use butane as propellant in place of the the old CFCs, but even the newer HFCs like 152a are flammable anyway....

I should add also that it's a Y rated tyre so not one you cut corners on with repairs.

I’ve got the same tyres, I assume even the dealers can’t get them?
has anyone tried cross climates? I’m considering a wheel and tyre package, might transform the look of the car. But could be detrimental to economy and range. Anyone else tried it?

They are so old I doubt they are still being manufactured.
As a matter of interest, I looked for for the DOT mark and there doesn't seem to be one so we have no idea when the OE tyres were made.

I’ve got the same tyres, I assume even the dealers can’t get them?
has anyone tried cross climates? I’m considering a wheel and tyre package, might transform the look of the car. But could be detrimental to economy and range. Anyone else tried it?
I had CrossClimates on my previous car (Citroen Cactus). I really liked them, good grip and handling in wet and dry, and quieter than the OEM ones. I replaced them with G/Year Vector 4's, based on a review, but they were noisier and dry grip wasn't as good...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom