New user help needed on timed charging. Pleeease!

CathP

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Complete beginner! How do I use scheduled charging using the car screen? I’ve set time to start midnight then plugged in charger but it started charging straight away!
What have I done wrong?

It sounds as if you have set the schedule correctly. If you use iSmart make sure this hasn't overwritten the car's schedule. After setting it, Power down the car (Vehicle Settings/safety/Power down.)
Plug in the charger. Depending on the charger it should indicate connected but not charging.
Lock the car. The driver display should indicate connecting.
If this doesn't work, post details including car model and charger type.

Plug in your charger while the car is started.
Then lock it.
This will ensure the car checks the schedule when the charger is plugged into the charging port.
If you plug the charger in after the car is shutdown (locking car shuts it down ) then it will start charging immediately but will stop at the set end-time.

My car was recently updated and I don’t know if this behaviour has been ‘fixed’ but I’ll test it out.
Although it is really useful because on those rare occasions when you want to charge immediately, you don’t have to change the schedule first.

It sounds as if you have set the schedule correctly. If you use iSmart make sure this hasn't overwritten the car's schedule. After setting it, Power down the car (Vehicle Settings/safety/Power down.)
Plug in the charger. Depending on the charger it should indicate connected but not charging.
Lock the car. The driver display should indicate connecting.
If this doesn't work, post details including car model and charger type.
Nope. That didn’t work. Still started charging straight away! The charger is a podpoint and the car an MG4 EV

Plug in your charger while the car is started.
Then lock it.
This will ensure the car checks the schedule when the charger is plugged into the charging port.
If you plug the charger in after the car is shutdown (locking car shuts it down ) then it will start charging immediately but will stop at the set end-time.

My car was recently updated and I don’t know if this behaviour has been ‘fixed’ but I’ll test it out.
Although it is really useful because on those rare occasions when you want to charge immediately, you don’t have to change the schedule first.
Thank you so much. That has worked! It now says charging scheduled 😊

Complete beginner! How do I use scheduled charging using the car screen? I’ve set time to start midnight then plugged in charger but it started charging straight away!
What have I done wrong?
Can I say what a wonderful forum this is!
You guys solved my issue so quickly. Thanks to all!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 524 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back