New Vehicle Delivery

Rogerman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Ordered an HS Exclusive PHEV in July 2021 in Faringdon (?) Red which was changed by MG to Dynamic Red thus, I am told delaying production. Perfectly happy with the new red but still waiting for the car in January 2022. Is anyone else experiencing such delays?

Ordered my RHD Scarlet Red HS PHEV (similar to Exclusive spec) in June 2021 here in Thailand, received it within a week. Dealer had a Black Knight I could have had the next day.

The delivery difference seems strange as they are basically the same car.

20210601_061736506_iOS.jpg

Ordered an HS Exclusive PHEV in July 2021 in Faringdon (?) Red which was changed by MG to Dynamic Red thus, I am told delaying production. Perfectly happy with the new red but still waiting for the car in January 2022. Is anyone else experiencing such delays?
Don't know about the hs but I've been told march/April delivery for my thophy ev orderd 7th Nov. Believe MG5 ev is same.

Ordered my RHD Scarlet Red HS PHEV (similar to Exclusive spec) in June 2021 here in Thailand, received it within a week. Dealer had a Black Knight I could have had the next day.

The delivery difference seems strange as they are basically the same car.

View attachment 6348
Likely because you live in one of the places where they are built haha. Ours have to go on a 3 month voyage over the ocean.

I placed an order in October for a HS PHEV and as of Friday, the dealer could still not give me any idea when delivery would be. So with much regret I cancelled the order and have placed an order for a used car (not MG).
My wife has a ZS EV, which she loves, so I will be keeping my eye on MG when I come to renew in 2-3 years.

I placed an order in October for a HS PHEV and as of Friday, the dealer could still not give me any idea when delivery would be. So with much regret I cancelled the order and have placed an order for a used car (not MG).
My wife has a ZS EV, which she loves, so I will be keeping my eye on MG when I come to renew in 2-3 years.

When I was looking in dealers last May, rode in a black & a white PHEV, but in both show rooms was Bright Red MG petrol version, could not agree a deal, looked online , found re PHEV in Leeds on stock with red/black leather seats, did the deal, photos were bright, when I collected it, it was dark, I was unaware there was two reds??, like yourself, I preferred the, now I now, the Dynamic Red, so I have that on order, and will sell my "Farringdon Red" soon, in March/April, who knows, with the new car waiting times, I might get more that what I paid, very low mileage.

Hi I ordered my MG HS
31st of July 21 and I was told today it could be July August 2022

Hi I ordered my MG HS
31st of July 21 and I was told today it could be July August 2022
Aren’t you a lucky lad - you’re getting the facelift with heat pump on EV, increased range, heated steering wheel, iSmart connectivity and the 7kw onboard charger… all good things come to those who wait

Aren’t you a lucky lad - you’re getting the facelift with heat pump on EV, increased range, heated steering wheel, iSmart connectivity and the 7kw onboard charger… all good things come to those who wait
Interesting perception, but will that be the case really. The order was probably for the current model because delivery has pushed back that won't change the original order? Facelift prices not yet released or available to order yet in UK? Or am I missing something here.

I ordered mine mid September, and it has been shipped so after bolton lad ordered his. Don't see why his would be delivered 6~7 months later than mine. As far as I know there were only two versions of the PHEV, Excite and Exclusive and no long list of additional 'options' that could delay production.
When I inquired about changing the colour the dealer said that would mean cancelling the original order as it had already been put through, and making a new order, so going to the back of the order pile.

Interesting perception, but will that be the case really. The order was probably for the current model because delivery has pushed back that won't change the original order? Facelift prices not yet released or available to order yet in UK? Or am I missing something here.
That’s more of a wish list for the facelift rather… On a serious note, whoever wanted a car earlier should phone around some dealers to check availability, there’s been a massive shipment of MGs this Friday, I’m getting mine next week and only place the order end of Jan this year.

That’s more of a wish list for the facelift rather… On a serious note, whoever wanted a car earlier should phone around some dealers to check availability, there’s been a massive shipment of MGs this Friday, I’m getting mine next week and only place the order end of Jan this year.
Good on ya. Was this a specific order or a dealer who ordered cars a while back/cancelled customer order, as you have done really well. Loads of customers on here still waiting since summer. As for stock there are some but if they are already registered (most are) they are not likely to be available on things like Affinity and therefore much more expensive than a new car with Affinity discounts?

If you are getting a new MG that quick, it is because the dealer is having it transferred from another branch, there are lots on stock around the country, just depends on your colour and spec, an online dealer will get a car from somewhere .

Yes. Ordered in Sept 2021 still no car as yet

I went looking to see if I could see which ship was bringing my car. I've found 6 that they've previously used, but they all seem to be in ports and at sea, going in directions that aren't good.

SAIC ANJI PHOENIX - Stuck in Shanghai
Pagna - Has been moored in the Black Sea for 2 weeks
Grand Orion - Sitting in Mumbai
Bosporus Highway - South China Sea
Cosco Shenshi - Western Africa
Euphrates Highway - Oman

The last 2 could be on their way making stops, but I wish I knew which one it was.

** Just looked up the Port of Bristol and the Bosporus Highway is due to dock on March 22nd. Could be that one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom