New Vehicle Delivery

Ordered an HS Exclusive PHEV in July 2021 in Faringdon (?) Red which was changed by MG to Dynamic Red thus, I am told delaying production. Perfectly happy with the new red but still waiting for the car in January 2022. Is anyone else experiencing such delays?
Yes I am still waiting nearly 6 months now HS EXCL. But nothing yet.

I ordered HS exclusive in white with red interior 1st Dec 21, dealer still confident for a Mach 22 delivery.......but who knows. I am concerned to read in other threads that it seems, that dealers are getting cars from the recent ships to sell rather than fill customer back orders (mostly MG5/ZS?)

All of my locals dealers order cars from MG that they tell them are customers orders, but in fact they for stock, they sell them before they arrive anyway. If the customer wants a particular colour or extra fitted then it's a few months on the waiting list, if they're happy to chose from whats on order already then they can get their car quicker.

I think it's just the current situation we're in. When I was in the trade, dealerships had overflowing compounds as manufacturers forced them to order certain numbers of cars to hit bonus and performance levels. Other garages were happy to offload them if you wanted a particular model and colour that they had locked up in an industrial estate somewhere.

All of my locals dealers order cars from MG that they tell them are customers orders, but in fact they for stock, they sell them before they arrive anyway. If the customer wants a particular colour or extra fitted then it's a few months on the waiting list, if they're happy to chose from whats on order already then they can get their car quicker.

I think it's just the current situation we're in. When I was in the trade, dealerships had overflowing compounds as manufacturers forced them to order certain numbers of cars to hit bonus and performance levels. Other garages were happy to offload them if you wanted a particular model and colour that they had locked up in an industrial estate somewhere.
Understood, its the prospect of walk-in and online customers taking stock that should go to customer orders (no effort to match these up with stock, just wait for your order?). There are not that many extras and colour options. Surely some of these stock cars will match to existing orders?

Understood, its the prospect of walk-in and online customers taking stock that should go to customer orders (no effort to match these up with stock, just wait for your order?). There are not that many extras and colour options. Surely some of these stock cars will match to existing orders?

Possibly, but as cars are in short supply the dealers won't release any orders to another dealer. It's hard the for manufacturer to police and at the end of the day all of the cars ordered are sold, so they're happy. I looked at all sorts of cars before deciding on the MG, one of the main factors was a realistic delivery date.

Land Rover just laughed when I asked for availability, new Discovery Sports were about 2 years. Volvo were talking 8-12 months if I order today and they P/X price wouldn't be honoured. Basically you ordered an XC40 and then came back in a year a saw if you could still afford it.

I'm hoping that as MG are owned by SAIC who are owned by the Chinese state that the availability of microchips won't be an issue and we should get boat loads of shiny MG HSs rocking up soon. Whoever can supply new cars at the moment will clean up!

My wife visited the local Hyundai dealer a day ago as her new Kona is sitting awaiting the 1st March and we needed to sort out the final needs, like paying for it!
He said that things are now getting worse and they were looking at new orders now taking a year to complete. His used car section hardly had any cars in it now but was normally full. Looks like 6 month delivery is now fast.....
My HS was ordered 6 months and two weeks ago, dealer says it is in Wales awaiting transport..... Hmm.....

My wife visited the local Hyundai dealer a day ago as her new Kona is sitting awaiting the 1st March and we needed to sort out the final needs, like paying for it!
He said that things are now getting worse and they were looking at new orders now taking a year to complete. His used car section hardly had any cars in it now but was normally full. Looks like 6 month delivery is now fast.....
My HS was ordered 6 months and two weeks ago, dealer says it is in Wales awaiting transport..... Hmm.....
Why Wales? Portbury dock is part of Bristol Port. Are they shipping them off the dock to a storage site?

Ordered my HS PHEV in white back in September. Had an email from the dealership in January giving an estimate delivery of Mid-March. Just called them and was advised March extremely unlikely. Their system now shows a delivery date in July! They stressed this is an automated date that the system generates so could be earlier.

I seem to have started an avalanche of comments on delay for new MG deliveries. My timetable is July4th 2021 - HS Exclusive PHEV ordered, told expected delivery September. The delivery month then went back each month until December 2021 when my dealership said January 2022. Then I was given an "estimated delivery 3rd March 2022". The only change since then is a little less confidence in 3rd but March is still said to be definite. It really is a shambles with dealerships not appearing to know until the car actually arrives in their compound; and MG advertise record sales! MG UK don't seem to be able to help. Be nice to hear if anyone in the UK has actually received a car ordered in the 8 months.

Just had an email from the dealer telling me that the MG is at the Portbury docks and is awaiting transport. He said he's expecting it sometime in the next fortnight.

Some of you lucky folks might have had your car on the same boat, maybe a good time to drop the dealer an email :)

I think if I emailed them the car would arrive long before I actually got a reply!
I thought Wales was a bit odd, maybe they are using a cars satnav......

I will give them a chase up phone call in the morning.

MG Toomey told me today that my car should be here any day waiting for it to be transported to them should be able to collect next week

If mine arrives sooner rather than later I'm obviously waiting for the new 22 reg on the 1st March.

Then I'll be standing next to it in supermarket carparks polishing the number plate in my driving gloves and flat cap.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom