New Vehicle Delivery

We've been told ours should be here in June! Ordered Oct 21
Did want the change to Dynamic if you ordered a Farringdon Red, did you prefer it, check how long your delay is, I got news today at my dealer/salesman, that my Dynamic Red is at Portbury, due at dealership next Wednesday, to be collected a few days after, making my Farringdon Phev 3000 miles 9/6/21, with MG21 reg, available if you cannot wait any longer, and less money than a new.

Attachments

• 1  front .JPG
    1 front .JPG
    769 KB · Views: 122
  • 3 passenger .JPG
    3 passenger .JPG
    857.3 KB · Views: 114
Order mgzs on 1st November was quoted Feb delivery still no news and its always me who has to chase the dealer spoke 1st Feb told me waiting in shanghai to boad vessel well its a long time coming

Order mgzs on 1st November was quoted Feb delivery still no news and its always me who has to chase the dealer spoke 1st Feb told me waiting in shanghai to boad vessel well its a long time coming
Its incredibly frustrating, and keep seeing the TV adverts for the ZS LR really p..... me off. I sent emails to half a dozen MG dealerships today enquiring if they had any LR in stock everyone without exception said no, all said factory build orders. I've got the option of a white LR ex demo on a 71 plate but having waited this long I think I will wait for the new reg. Unless they are going to give me a significant discount and it needs to be significant. But I can bet it won't be.
lol

Call from the garage after many months wait.
You're car is ready .... NOW ... can you come down and pick it up.
Errr, some notice would have been nice.

I'm picking it up tomorrow ... WOOOO HOOOO

Called the insurance company (Sainsburys) and they inform me that it doesn't exist on their system. In the end I had to get the girl to google it before she'd believe it was a real car!

Currently awaiting a call back from the underwriters!

** Update *
The won't insure the car as it's not on their system and want to charge me £100 to cancel the policy mid term. The words "*** right off" were used in the conversation.

I'm off to find a new insurer

Last edited:

Called the insurance company (Sainsburys) and they inform me that it doesn't exist on their system. In the end I had to get the girl to google it before she'd believe it was a real car!

** Update *
The won't insure the car as it's not on their system and want to charge me £100 to cancel the policy mid term. The words "*** right off" were used in the conversation.

what is it you are picking up ?

** Update *

use the dealership drive away insurance for free covers you for 5 days give you time to get insurance sorted
i used it and just took there qoute which was very competitive my full insurance starts the day the 5 day runs out

use the dealership drive away insurance for free covers you for 5 days give you time to get insurance sorted
i used it and just took there qoute which was very competitive my full insurance starts the day the 5 day runs out
I'm in the same situation, Aviva doesn't want to know until the car Reg is on the DVLA system.
I wasn't told by the dealer about the 5 day free insurance, can they extend it further?

I recently took delivery of a HS PHEV and had the same issue with the online systems of Admiral. Gave them a call and the reg not recognised but they just did a manual entry. Done and dusted in no time. I move insurance most years to get new customer discounts. The customer service for things like this is very important to me and means I don't always go with the cheapest. Best service I have had was from directline they still do everything via the phone and produce a forest of paper work through the post but changes were done quickly via the phone never waiting too long for an operator too.

I'm in the same situation, Aviva doesn't want to know until the car Reg is on the DVLA system.
I wasn't told by the dealer about the 5 day free insurance, can they extend it further?
i really dont know but get a qoute and see if that is good and use them

I recently took delivery of a HS PHEV and had the same issue with the online systems of Admiral. Gave them a call and the reg not recognised but they just did a manual entry. Done and dusted in no time. I move insurance most years to get new customer discounts. The customer service for things like this is very important to me and means I don't always go with the cheapest. Best service I have had was from directline they still do everything via the phone and produce a forest of paper work through the post but changes were done quickly via the phone never waiting too long for an operator too.
Hi

How are you finding your new car. I think you were waiting for a for a facelift ZS EV and got fed up waiting, amongst other reasons....?

I'm interested to know because I'm reconsidering too. My usage for work is 13 miles each way on winding country lanes so thinking driving to and from work would be in EV mode, charging overnight on GO via a Wallbox. Also thinking hybrid for holidays in UK and continental Europe without hassle of relying on inadequate charging infrastructure and a plethora of apps/RFID cards

My main reservation is servicing costs Vs a full EV with fewer moving parts and therefore simple dealer servicing.

My main reservation is servicing costs Vs a full EV with fewer moving parts and therefore simple dealer servicing.
You are correct in your concerns regarding service costs when owning a PHEV.
I can not speak for the MG PHEV - But my previous car before the ZS EV was a VW Golf GTE PHEV.
Great car, but you do notice that the service charges are a bit on the expensive side and com around quickly !.
You are serving two masters with a PHEV.
Having both the normal demands of a ICE car plus any additional service demands of a EV really.
It helps having the longer warranty on the MG because the VW warranty is only 3 years.
If you intend to keep the car longer than three years, it was sensible to extend the VW warranty.
This also needed factoring into your running costs also.
Full EV's don't or can't suit everybody, so for now there still is a place for PHEV's.

Ordered my HS PHEV in white back in September. Had an email from the dealership in January giving an estimate delivery of Mid-March. Just called them and was advised March extremely unlikely. Their system now shows a delivery date in July! They stressed this is an automated date that the system generates so could be earlier.
Ours was the same order time of sept last year, we were told in Jan that it would be the 30th march, it actually arrived last week in the dealers, seems they were in the dark to the day before delivery?

Hi

How are you finding your new car. I think you were waiting for a for a facelift ZS EV and got fed up waiting, amongst other reasons....?

I'm interested to know because I'm reconsidering too. My usage for work is 13 miles each way on winding country lanes so thinking driving to and from work would be in EV mode, charging overnight on GO via a Wallbox. Also thinking hybrid for holidays in UK and continental Europe without hassle of relying on inadequate charging infrastructure and a plethora of apps/RFID cards

Sorry for delay. Servicing costs for PHEV are much higher than the EV rates as its got ICE. I had the MG5 which was great, I changed because of the EV infrastructure is not that great for long journeys and getting worse not better. Too many EV wanting charge often means a queue often exacerbated by chargers that are not working. (EV owner behaviour at these sites often leaves much to be desired too, overstay a big issue) Then there is the plethora of suppliers/rfid's/apps etc. Many of which require you to sign up and give bank details etc. I used to seek out INSTAVOLT as they were very simple and its just like buying a coffee with many of their charging points Tap any card against reader and away you go. They also have a deal with Heath clubs and I often found good availability at their sites. All in all on a long journey for me it was too much hassle/uncertainty. I had a finance sale regulation issue with my dealer and they offered significant compensation so I jumped from the 5 to the PHEV. I will go back to EV as soon as the charging away from home becomes as good as it was two years ago when there were fewer EV's and better management of the charging network availability.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom