New ZS sat nav not working

senwick rat

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have seen previous discussions and have tried switching off “dead reckoning” but still can’t get sat nav working. It accepts a destination and gives initial instructio but doesn’t track the car movement. Disappointing on a brand new car. Will it need the dealer to fix this or are there any other solutions.

After you have turned off “Dead Recking” you need to reboot the info unit by holding down the home button for about 15 seconds.
Or once you have turned off the “Dead Reckoning” it should work correctly, once you have powered down the car, waiting a minute, then booted it back up again !.
This fix has worked for everybody else who drives a ZS EV face lift, so it should work for you !.

I really don't understand why we have to go through all this hassle. This shouldn't be causing an issue. A one off car can be understood. So many of us are having this issue. We have noticed this as well. I use Google maps so never needed the inbuilt but would be good to have them as well as a backup

I have seen previous discussions and have tried switching off “dead reckoning” but still can’t get sat nav working. It accepts a destination and gives initial instructio but doesn’t track the car movement. Disappointing on a brand new car. Will it need the dealer to fix this or are there any other solutions.
Thanks for the help. I have got the sat nav working. Garage claims that they have no knowledge of such a fault! Now I just need to get the mg I app working. Cannot find a configure button

Garage claims that they have no knowledge of such a fault!
Why does this not surprise me !.
In fact, it was one of the forum members who should take the credit for finding the fix.
His car had been into the dealer to fix the Sat Nav problem and they had no idea why it would not work correctly.
He found the fix and returned to the dealer to let them know.
All face lift model drivers now have a working in built Sat Nav thanks to him 🙏.
Allegedly, there is a soft ware fix to correct the issue, so dead reckoning can’t be turned back on again ?.

They are probably read the forum and had the fix from here then 🤣.
I don't know any dealers that have time to read forums such as this one!
My Trophy Connect LR came from Richmond Motors in Portsmouth with this 'fault'.
I was told it should have had a software update!
Why wasn't this done automatically during the PDI?
Anyway that sat nav now works, that is until you have a DC charge, when it 'forgets' the route! No amount of re-entering the route will get it to continue!
It wasn't a one off either, and happened again after the next DC charge. Two different DC chargers by the way, before anybody suggests it was a particular brand'! BP Pulse and Instavolt if anybody is interested,
It is perfectly OK after an AC charge.
Another 'funny' my car has is the volume of the radio being adjusted by the throttle!!
I was listening to a newish DAB station in the Portsmouth area and every time I released the throttle the radio went quiet! Touching the brake also reduced the volume!
I do have to say it was OK on any of the BBC stations. Most weird.
The only thing I can think of is that some DAB stations have dynamic controls and maybe the MG has a way of tapping into this!

Last edited:
I don't know any dealers that have time to read forums such as this one!
My Trophy Connect LR came from Richmond Motors in Portsmouth with this 'fault'.
I was told it should have had a software update!
Why wasn't this done automatically during the PDI?
Anyway that sat nav now works, that is until you have a DC charge, when it 'forgets' the route! No amount of re-entering the route will get it to continue!
It wasn't a one off either, and happened again after the next DC charge. Two different DC chargers by the way, before anybody suggests it was a particular brand'! BP Pulse and Instavolt if anybody is interested,
It is perfectly OK after an AC charge.
Another 'funny' my car has is the volume of the radio being adjusted by the throttle!!
I was listening to a newish DAB station in the Portsmouth area and every time I released the throttle the radio went quiet! Touching the brake also reduced the volume!
I do have to say it was OK on any of the BBC stations. Most weird.
The only thing I can think of is that some DAB stations have dynamic controls and maybe the MG has a way of tapping into this!
That is bizarre. I wonder if the HVAC controls the driver assistance features? :)

I have exactly same problem so I will give this a go

This worked for me, thanks to everyone.,however I do not get any sound although notification is on when using sat nave,any help would be grateful.

Just received car but Sat Nav not working. Dead Reckoning is off, system has been rebooted but still won’t work. Tried disconnecting battery and then tried again but still no joy. Anyone got any further ideas?

Just received car but Sat Nav not working. Dead Reckoning is off, system has been rebooted but still won’t work. Tried disconnecting battery and then tried again but still no joy. Anyone got any further ideas?
What's the problem is it not tracking the car?

What's the problem is it not tracking the car?
The satnav is just stuck. I can add a route plan and it will give me the correct directions but the position does not move. For example the satnav showed me 20 miles from where I was this afternoon and when I got home it dud not change.

The weather app does not pick up where I am either. I had to type my location in. Not sure, but this seems connected.

And you done a reboot after switching off dead reckoning have you tried a factory reset?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom