No Auto wipers on the Trophy - I’m surprised

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only found out today that the Trophy doesn’t have auto wipers. Quite a surprise considering the spec?

I've come from autowipers (2008 Tiguan) to the MG4, I also thought that this would have been included on the MG4, but you sort of get used to it, with the passive setting. The upside is of course auto main beam / dip - which is new to myself, and a big positive here!

I too have come from autowipers on an i3 and I'm delighted not to have them. The BMW could obviously see better in the rain than I could! I was always overriding manually to see where I was going. The number of times I muttered 'Just give me plain old intermittent wipers'. Well, now I'm happy! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: - I must admit that its getting less now, but having driven over 30 years in a manual, the 1st few weeks in the MG4 were interesting in that was still trying to engage clutch (regularly), and change gear (less regularly) :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: - I must admit that its getting less now, but having driven over 30 years in a manual, the 1st few weeks in the MG4 were interesting in that was still trying to engage clutch (regularly), and change gear (less regularly) :LOL:
Ah, the old hand waggle in thin air! I still do that occasionally even after 4 and a bit years of driving EVs.

Ah, the old hand waggle in thin air! I still do that occasionally even after 4 and a bit years of driving EVs.
Better than the motorbike and side-car rider who gets a new bike and forgets he hasn't got the side-car attached when he stops at traffic lights. The realisation hits him just before he hits the road.

That’s useful input. It made me think about their use.
I really like auto wipers and have become very used to using them. The key is that they work effectively - which most don’t!
For this reason I can see why the general feeling seems to sway towards a preference for intermittent over automatic. I guess it also depends on if you’ve ever automatic wipers before and how good they were.
My Daughter is used to automatic wipers but not having them is not a deal breaker.

I’m glad the trophy doesn’t have auto wipers, my experience with them from BMWs is that either the intermittent is too slow to keep it clear or it suddenly decides we’re in a torrential downpour and goes on it’s fastest setting with no in between so was constantly having to change it anyway :)

That’s useful input. It made me think about their use.
I really like auto wipers and have become very used to using them. The key is that they work effectively - which most don’t!
For this reason I can see why the general feeling seems to sway towards a preference for intermittent over automatic. I guess it also depends on if you’ve ever automatic wipers before and how good they were.
My Daughter is used to automatic wipers but not having them is not a deal breaker.
Indeed, never had auto wipers that worked well, always been a complete pain.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back