No longer able to charge my car at home

bus driver92

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good morning,Iam not very tech savie,we have had our car of 18 months and didn't use our home charger until Tescos stopped the free charging,we are on octopus go and been using this for quite some time with no problem,we had sola and storage battery fitted and couldn't charger or car,so went to myenergy as we have a zappi and they seamed to think that the zappi was faulty,so we charged the car at factory chargers while we waited for the new unit,they electrician came out to fit the new zappi and its still doing the same thing.It connects and then says charge delayed its also showing our battery is 100%,I've asked a friend we a hybrid to see if her car will charge at my home and it does,we popped to mg yesterday plugged our car In to there charger and it worked just like in tescos,so the manager came to our house on his wat home and connected his car and it charged,so we feel we are back to square one. Sorry its long but thought best to put all the information on.many thanks .

Have you got any schedule or % level set in the charging menu? If 2 other cars can charge off the Zappi, it has to be something in the car.

Hope you find an answer as we are considering a zappi
It's worked perfectly untill now.

Have you got any schedule or % level set in the charging menu? If 2 other cars can charge off the Zappi, it has to be something in the car.
The car has no on board schedule as it was the first mg ev and 45 battery,this has only happened 4 weeks ago and we are puzzled thanks for replying

Does the car charge normally on a DC rapid charger? It's all pointing towards the onboard AC charger failing.

Does the car charge normally on a DC rapid charger? It's all pointing towards the onboard AC charger failing.
We can charge it any DC and AC away from the home.many thanks for your reply,when I went up Tescos to do a rapid charge,I spoke to another ev charging person in Tescos and he said it sounds like a software issue.

The Gen 1 ZS EV does not like any noise on the mains. Due you have internet over the mains (powerline etc) or even a Sky Q box? If so, disconnect these and try again.

The Gen 1 ZS EV does not like any noise on the mains. Due you have internet over the mains (powerline etc) or even a Sky Q box? If so, disconnect these and try again.
Don't have any box for TV,thanks for your reply

Thanks would this then also mean I would need a code for my radio . Many thanks .
Have disconnected the battery for 10 mins and that hasn't solved the issue,that's for the help

My podpoint charger needed an update to work after installing battery and solar. Chargers with load balancing may see the solar/battery as an additional load and reduce their output accordingly. I would speak to My Energy to see if any updates are available.

Good morning,Iam not very tech savie,we have had our car of 18 months and didn't use our home charger until Tescos stopped the free charging,we are on octopus go and been using this for quite some time with no problem,we had sola and storage battery fitted and couldn't charger or car,so went to myenergy as we have a zappi and they seamed to think that the zappi was faulty,so we charged the car at factory chargers while we waited for the new unit,they electrician came out to fit the new zappi and its still doing the same thing.It connects and then says charge delayed its also showing our battery is 100%,I've asked a friend we a hybrid to see if her car will charge at my home and it does,we popped to mg yesterday plugged our car In to there charger and it worked just like in tescos,so the manager came to our house on his wat home and connected his car and it charged,so we feel we are back to square one. Sorry its long but thought best to put all the information on.many thanks .
On Zappi chargers they are always go to the reset position. If you wish to get a full charge to the car .press the presets to fast this will give you 7.1 KW, on the other presets it charges to suit the western power demand at the time. Check your zappi has been updated in the software. You can find this in your menu.

My podpoint charger needed an update to work after installing battery and solar. Chargers with load balancing may see the solar/battery as an additional load and reduce their output accordingly. I would speak to My Energy to see if any updates are available.
Many thanks,we had a problem and our hub didn't connect with the new Zappi ,phoned myenergy and there was a update pending so yesterday I did get to car my car,Happy Days.

Have you got any WiFi extenders plugged in at home, these can interfere with charging. If so unplug them and try charging with them unplugged.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom