Noise inside back of the car

I have updated my profile.
I own a Trophy ER (v1 that i've bought end of 2022)
I'm in France btw
Is that a typo? Did you mean end of 2023? (The ER wasn't available in 2022, it came out in Q3 2023). Or did you mean the Trophy LR?

In mine I get whistling from the front I believe, sound can be deceiving though
I watched a video where the guy said he occasionally noticed a whistle type sound coming from the car.

I don’t know if he ever confirmed it but at the end of video he said he thinks it was coming from in & around the active vents at the front. I’m guessing if they were the cause & the sound was only occasional maybe it’s when they were open?

It was on 23 plate Long Range Trophy review

Hi all! I also have a fluctuating metallic squealing noise seemingly coming from the rear of the car, perhaps left. Starts coming on from around 35 mph, noisiest at about 45 mph, then disappears around 55-60 mph. Audible from the drivers seat (RHD), but weirdly not as much from the passengers seat. And from the drivers seat if you turn your head to look in the back it goes quieter too. Very odd... (I don't think I'm imagining it!) Need to get someone sat in the back so they can roam around and try to pinpoint it... Anyone managed to solve anything that sounded like this?

Dealer has already had a quick look and couldn't see anything. They said they stripped and cleaned the brakes etc... maybe it's transmission? Suspension? Seems unlikely, though it does have a slight creak going over humps.

2022 MG4 LR

Hello, i've had a mg4 for 1 year and i've just found a way to fix the whistling problem you hear at the rear: it's due to a poor design of the rear spoiler, it's made of 2 interlocking parts, but there's no seal or glue, so air can infiltrate from the inside. Put tape or putty on it, and it's noiseless!
Hey, can you send me a picture what you mean, where to put putty or tape. This sound is killing me.

Hi In my MG4 Trophy it is an annoying sound from the back of the car in speeds from ca 40 to 65 mph. The sound is metal-like, a bit high frequency, uneven oscillating, and not dependent on the wind or brakes. Not a high sound but is very annoying.I have had it at the workshop once, they heard the noise but could not find the reason. I have a new appointment on Wednesday. Does anyone else have that noise in their car so far?
Used to have high annoying sounds in the back, but divorce sorted it :unsure:

Hey, can you send me a picture what you mean, where to put putty or tape. This sound is killing me.

here is a photo. On the left of the photo, you can see the blue painter's tape I used to test my theory. On the right, I removed it, and edited the photo to highlight in red the area that allows air to infiltrate slightly and cause a hissing sound (all along, where the 2 pieces of spoiler meet, there's a small crack where you can slide your fingernail.) All you have to do is plug it by any means possible to eliminate the noise.

Attachments

• IMG20240318154551.jpg
    IMG20240318154551.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 141
here is a photo. On the left of the photo, you can see the blue painter's tape I used to test my theory. On the right, I removed it, and edited the photo to highlight in red the area that allows air to infiltrate slightly and cause a hissing sound (all along, where the 2 pieces of spoiler meet, there's a small crack where you can slide your fingernail.) All you have to do is plug it by any means possible to eliminate the noise.
I've used transparent silicone sealant before for things like this 👍

Hey, thank you so much. This fixed the high pitch sound, service didnt find the reason of the sound. I guess i need to show this to them, so they know how to fix it ^^

Hello, i've had a mg4 for 1 year and i've just found a way to fix the whistling problem you hear at the rear: it's due to a poor design of the rear spoiler, it's made of 2 interlocking parts, but there's no seal or glue, so air can infiltrate from the inside. Put tape or putty on it, and it's noiseless!
What do you mean with "from the inside"?

Maybe from the inside of the car?
How does that work? The spoiler is on the outside..
I looked at it and there is indeed a very small notch at the spoiler edge. Possibly, if the notch is somewhat bigger it could could cause a hiss. Filling it may indeed work.
But fortunately I do not have 'a wissle blower'. Not even with gale force winds like today.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back