Normal lead time after the initial supply is taken ?

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
What are the general thoughts of lead times on orders later on when this initial batch of MG4s is used up ?
I think the long range or extended range (73kWh), if it's out, is going to be my next purchase but I'm not ready to change yet, probably looking at the second half of next year and I wondered when would be the best time to get my order in ?

Interested question, we have 2000 allocated to us before the end of the year - SAIC claim they can deliver 20,000 next year (assuming we have no further issues when Mrs Pork Market starts at number 10!) which will be 5000 a quarter.

The Extended Range and Performance* model details are being revealed Q2 next year (April - June) so I would imagine they will be delivered towards the end of Q3 (September would be good for number plates!) and the beginning of Q4.

A good way to learn when the order window will open is to listen to the excellent Podcast that is done every month! (they haven't paid me to say that!)

*Performance isn't the name of the model, but its the easiest name to give it 🙂

Side note. On the performance model (AWD version) I've seen it noted at likely a 64kw battery. But surely that much power on the existing battery will mean even less range (then throw in the Trophy miles reduction). Seems like logically the 77kw is the best/only option to maintain a +250mile range.

Side note. On the performance model (AWD version) I've seen it noted at likely a 64kw battery. But surely that much power on the existing battery will mean even less range (then throw in the Trophy miles reduction). Seems like logically the 77kw is the best/only option to maintain a +250mile range.

Yes, AWD is apparently with a 64kWh battery, as noted in the model release in China.

Depending on where on the internet you find details on the proposed Extended Range (ER), this will have a WLTP range of either 329 or 369 miles. No idea which one is right, or perhaps they're both wrong.

Logically it would seem the ER will be 77kWh gross with 74.2kWh useable. Let's assume it's as efficient as the Trophy Long Range, then that is a WLTP of 324 miles. Real-world would be circa 260 miles (based on EV Database UK calculation for the current Long Range model), which is around 35 miles better than the current Trophy Long Range.

If we assume the same price uplift as currently announced models, that would make the Trophy Extended Range around £33,995

The above is all hypothetical of course. I don't believe MG has actually committed formally to the Extended Range, only that it was mentioned in the early model briefings and on one of the dealer websites.
Don't get me wrong, I do fully expect them to have a model like this as it means they have something to match 1:1 with the VW ID3 battery sizes/range.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back