Octopus go price drop

I am on Intelligent and not had an email about price change but looking at the app its changed the prices. One thing I noticed is on the Sunday price. Some reason its showing 41p for part of the day but rest of week its 38p. Bit puzzled about that
I've just had both my SEG export confirmed at last at 4.1p and IntelligentOctopus Day rate of 42p off-peak 23:30 to 05:30 at 7.5p all within 2 days. The SEG application was made about 2 months ago while I was on OctopusGo and therefore I wasn't eligible for the higher ExportOctopus flat rate. But does anyone know if Intelligent is treated like Go and excluded from the higher Export rate (I'm waiting on an answer from Octopus)?

1682434445524.png

Can't you just re-shift them to 00:30?

I was on 20:30 4hr but that closed so I'm on 21:30 too, 7.5p 4hr. Mine runs out sometimes in the summer and I was expecting to hear prices would go up but the recent price drop is quite encouraging. If they went up I' d be comparing with Intelligent or Agile (which I've been on before).

Can't you just re-shift them to 00:30?

I was on 20:30 4hr but that closed so I'm on 21:30 too, 7.5p 4hr. Mine runs out sometimes in the summer and I was expecting to hear prices would go up but the recent price drop is quite encouraging. If they went up I' d be comparing with Intelligent or Agile (which I've been on before).
Try getting the wife to have a shower at 00:30 😀

Will look at shifting when we get our renewal email. Can't fault Octopus at all.

It's worth knocking up a spreadsheet on these new 'savings' and comparing with your current prover, we are with British Gas.
My spreadsheet is not finely tuned,. but for our consumption and using more than 60% on the day rate coupled with the increase in the standing charge (in our area) saving go from £63/year over BG EV tariff using Octopus standard EV tariff, to £13/year more expensive if on Intelligent.

Just saying it may not be as good as it looks!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom