Octopus Go Rates Updated - 7.5p

At those rates we're almost at the same cost as driving diesel. I really don't want to see electric prices reach the point that driving the weekend car to work is cheaper than the electric one!

I had an email from Octopus with a link to my suggested new tariff (currently Octopus Go stand charge 25p, peak 17.42p 0030-04.30 5p). The link took me to the new suggested tariff and I nearly fell over! 40.96p dayrate 26.98p nightrate! I need to call them! On a serious note; this could really stress out some more vulnerable people who are struggling. Anyone else having problems?
That doesn't sound like go, use the link above and pop your postcode in 👍

31/7.5 for my postcode (vs current 16/5, this is going to sting)

The above looks like an economy 7 price being quoted. It's all a bit of a mess with the recent changes going on.

Only that our relationship with them is not at its best at the moment let’s just say.
The U.K. has become TO reliant on gas to power our electric power stations and now we are importing the stuff, at what ever anybody wants to charge us.
I am shocked that nobody had seen this coming years ago !.
Egg’s in one basket comes to mind !.
energy firms warned both labour and tory govs about coming issues but govs prefer to kick the can down the road. Its also why so many firms collapsed.

There were no real incentives to build nukes, no real incentives for energy storage (both gas and electric), this is a must have with intermittent energy like renewables. plenty of other issues too. its a bit like the mess with grants to build public charging but no solid mechanism or incentive to maintain the chargers.

anyway, enjoy!

I had an email from Octopus with a link to my suggested new tariff (currently Octopus Go stand charge 25p, peak 17.42p 0030-04.30 5p). The link took me to the new suggested tariff and I nearly fell over! 40.96p dayrate 26.98p nightrate! I need to call them! On a serious note; this could really stress out some more vulnerable people who are struggling. Anyone else having problems?
I switched to Octopus in September to catch the 5p night rate for charging the car and home battery. Yes, that worked out great and am off-grid for most of the day. However, all my savings in the electric have been negated by the huge increase in gas! My gas on Ovo was 2.94p/kWh and on Octopus its gone up to 6.09p/kWh. So financially no better off!

I switched to Octopus in September to catch the 5p night rate for charging the car and home battery. Yes, that worked out great and am off-grid for most of the day. However, all my savings in the electric have been negated by the huge increase in gas! My gas on Ovo was 2.94p/kWh and on Octopus its gone up to 6.09p/kWh. So financially no better off!
Yes the gas is going to be an issue for some time I think but that's not just linked to you being on Go, that's what it's like across many tariffs now.

I am seriously wondering if the new modern and efficient night storage heaters would be cheaper than central heating 😂

Being on the price cap right now is cheaper than most providers are offering as a fixed deal. When the cap goes up, we may see some providers offering deals below the cap, but I suspect most will be needing to recoup losses.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom