Octopus Intelligent or 'Go'

Radders

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all, just coming to the end of a 5p Octopus Go deal, I was considering the Intelegent option but the more I read it appears Octopus/Ohme decide when to charge leaving you in total darkness. My concern would be the storage heater/washer/dryer/dishwasher that maybe due for a run in the off peak window.

Anyone put me right on this subject

cheers

Go gives you 4 set hours.
IO gives you 6 set hours plus extra hours for the Ohme.

If you have an MG and an Ohme, a bit of a no brainer I would have thought.

Had considered changing my Rolec to an Ohme as my Go fix ends in March but I would never re-coup the outlay.

Had considered changing my Rolec to an Ohme as my Go fix ends in March but I would never re-coup the outlay.

You can be cheapskate like me and use a Type 2 to Type 2 Ohme lead on your existing charge point. They can be amended to replace the tethered lead if you have that sort of lead. Mind you they seem to go for around £200 now which is a lot to save 2p/kWh off-peak.

IO gives you 6 set hours plus extra hours for the Ohme.

Exactly, 23:30 to 05:30 fixed and when Octopus feel the need to charge outside of those hours all of your usage for those extra half hour periods are charged at off-peak.

Yep, trying to arrange the tariff transfer but the online '3 part' questionaire page simply clears and reverts to the top of the page,I got the girl on Octopus helpline to attempt it on her screen, she too failed, anyone else suffered this?
MG
EV ZS
OHME
TYPE 2
ANDROID

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom