Official Plug In Car Grant (PICG) Thread

Daft Question but new to all this grant business. Does the 32k limit have to include the extra cost for paint etc. Seeing that the MG4 Trophy white is under and the orange is over so wondered if the paint should be part of the figure as the car base price without paint would bring it below

Daft Question but new to all this grant business. Does the 32k limit have to include the extra cost for paint etc. Seeing that the MG4 Trophy white is under and the orange is over so wondered if the paint should be part of the figure as the car base price without paint would bring it below
Paying extra for paint didn't count towards the limit when the grant was active.

RE: MG4 Order
  • Hi Alan

This announcement from OZEV which looks after the plug-in grants appears to have been poorly understood and/or communicated by the media. The extension that was announced yesterday is for the applications that were in place before the scheme was pulled for passenger cars on 14th June 2022. Normally grant applications for the Plug-in grant were only valid for 9 months from point of order. This was extended to 12 months due to the global supply issues and from yesterday was extended to 18 months for the same continuing supply issues.
    This is what the announcement was about yesterday, and normal passenger cars still no longer qualify for a Plug-in grant. It means that someone who ordered a ZS EV SE Long Range in December 2021 for example that is still waiting on their new car to arrive has 18 months from the date of order to get the car and for the car to still qualify for the plug-in grant.
    The announcement yesterday mentions applications up to March 2023 but that is for vehicles that qualify which are taxi’s, vans, trucks, motorcycles and wheelchair accessible vehicles (known as WAV’s). Every other vehicle including passenger cars don’t qualify therefore the MG4 doesn’t either.
    I hope this clarifies what is being posted online.

No harm in wishful thinking or straw clutching until someone pulls the carpet from under us (to over metaphor)...but I somehow thing MG have got it right or surely it would be a big public announcement and not just an industry comms exercise.....

Alan

Does anyone know how the extension of the plugin grant affects us lucky people who have already taken delivery of a new MG4? I'm guessing that the SEs will qualify as under £32K list price. Can the dealers apply after the event to get us all £1500 back? Or have we bought a car in the wrong week ....

Does anyone know how the extension of the plugin grant affects us lucky people who have already taken delivery of a new MG4? I'm guessing that the SEs will qualify as under £32K list price. Can the dealers apply after the event to get us all £1500 back? Or have we bought a car in the wrong week ....

As per MKP’s statement buddy, we get nowt.

does not help a member posting a thread entitled “It is BACK!” Regarding this discount, it was a rather disingenuous statement and thread content to make in all fairness.

However, I am chuffed to little ribbons that those unfortunate souls whom have been waiting for bloody ages for the vehicle they ordered, are still going to get this incentive. It would be disgusting if they did not.

That's not what the articles say though. It says

"The grant, which saved customers up to £1500 on the purchase of EVs priced at less than £32,000, was axed with immediate effect earlier this year. However, it will now apply to car orders placed by dealers between 14 June 2021 and 31 March 2023, because of extended lead times. "

Is that not the case?

I agree that it should be honoured for people who placed orders in good faith ages ago. I was in that situation, ordered a new Leaf+ in Oct 21, multiple missed dates later I ended up cancelling and getting the MG4. I'd have been massively annoyed had the dealer then gone, and that'll be £1500 more expensive :)

That's not what the articles say though. It says

"The grant, which saved customers up to £1500 on the purchase of EVs priced at less than £32,000, was axed with immediate effect earlier this year. However, it will now apply to car orders placed by dealers between 14 June 2021 and 31 March 2023, because of extended lead times. "

Is that not the case?

I agree that it should be honoured for people who placed orders in good faith ages ago. I was in that situation, ordered a new Leaf+ in Oct 21, multiple missed dates later I ended up cancelling and getting the MG4. I'd have been massively annoyed had the dealer then gone, and that'll be £1500 more expensive :)
Fair play, I would suggest you contact your dealer then, you may be in for a very nice surprise.

I will get nowt either way as I am £190 quid over 😂

I always do well that way.

Good luck 🍺👍

Now that these threads are all in one place, it still seems any MG4 purchaser gets nowt

On the plus side, It seems the PCP has gone up another percentage point since the early adopters got theirs, so maybe I do get a small win

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom