Official Plug In Car Grant (PICG) Thread

When I got my last EV grant it did not include options but was calculated on the base price so if Camden Grey is an option on the Trophy......🤔

Alan

I think the article is wrong and they meant to say:

"it will now apply to car orders placed delivered by dealers between 14 June 2021 and 31 March 2023, because of extended lead times."

Fingers crossed I'm wrong though
I tend to agree with this.

As the alternative would cause extreme up roar with customers with open orders and who have already taken delivery

email sent to dealer to inquire on the MG4 EV Trophy in White that I put down a deposit on last Saturday.

Another Article here:

"The extension covers all grants logged on the system between 14 June 2021 and 31 March 2023. The DfT added that it would continue to work with the automotive industry to monitor supply chain issues.

The DfT announced it was axing the plug-in car grant back in June 2022. This temporary stay of execution for the scheme means electric car buyers can claim up to a maximum of £1,500 on an EV costing no more than £32,000."

So can anyone be absolutely clear. Is it orders placed previously before a certain date but have not been delivered yet... or orders placed now. I assume its yhe first.

I saw this earlier today and initially thought that it was for orders placed before a certain date that had been delayed.

Now that I have read it I am not so sure.
Sorry, I'm hoping to potentially complete my MG4 purchase next week. So going by the attached tweet, should I be telling them I should be getting £1500 off the price 🙏🙏🙏

Sorry, I'm hoping to potentially complete my MG4 purchase next week. So going by the attached tweet, should I be telling them I should be getting £1500 off the price 🙏🙏🙏
The AutoExpress article linked clearly states:

"The extension covers all grants logged on the system between 14 June 2021 and 31 March 2023. The DfT added that it would continue to work with the automotive industry to monitor supply chain issues.

The DfT announced it was axing the plug-in car grant back in June 2022. This temporary stay of execution for the scheme means electric car buyers can claim up to a maximum of £1,500 on an EV costing no more than £32,000."

I have emailed the dealer I ordered with on Saturday to clarify, but to me, it is a £1500 reduction on the amount you need to be financing

From Auto Express

"The grant currently covers up to 35 per cent of the car’s purchase price, up to a maximum of £1,500, if the car has a list price below £32,000 (any optional equipment selected by the customer is not included in the calculated list price). An eligible car also needs CO2 emissions of less than 50g/km, and has to be able to travel at least 70 miles without emitting any CO2. Finally, it has to be on the OZEV's approved list"

So if this applies to current orders is Camden Grey etc. considered an option

Alan

Problem is we just dont know at this point until the direct gov website gets updated with this new information.

I've emailed my local MG dealer with this information and hopefully tomorrow morning I'll know more.

I'm not sure if this gives any clarity or not. It says the deadline for eligibility is March 2023 AND that delivery now has to occur within 18 months.

Er...anyone able to explain to a simpleton, does the MG4 SE standard range meet all the required criteria and if so where can I find the official info to send my dealer?

Er...anyone able to explain to a simpleton, does the MG4 SE standard range meet all the required criteria and if so where can I find the official info to send my dealer?
Yes. The grant when last available was for any EV costing under £32k before options.
As paint is the only option, all MG4s should qualify.
I can't find anything about this on the government website
They'll probably update it around April next year.

FWIW - Auto business website AM Online is quoting Robin Luscombe (MD of Luscombe Motors) on the matter.

Last edited:
I have emailed my dealership to a) see if they are aware of this and b) if the base trophy £31,495 price meets the qualifying criteria with additional paint costs excluded

Alan

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom