Official Plug In Car Grant (PICG) Thread

Totally agree, politics influences most of our lives and the effects of policy decisions should be discussed, however I was referring to political posts that are simply political bias with no relevance or plain old slurs, such as post #32. (no personal malice intended to the poster whatsoever)
These can lead down into a bear pit.
If i post anything you think contravenes the forum rules, please report it. Then the mods can delete it.
A plain old slur? seeing how our government has, and is, showing a track record of incompetence i think they need to show the public they have risen above conflicts of interest.

If i post anything you think contravenes the forum rules, please report it. Then the mods can delete it.
A plain old slur? seeing how our government has, and is, showing a track record of incompetence i think they need to show the public they have risen above conflicts of interest.
"Government to concentrate funding on expanding the public chargepoint network..."
I mean... it seems reasonable to question how they'll go about this, based specifically on their prior actions. I'd like to believe the funding will prioritise what is best for the end users, not personal gain, but there is valid reason to doubt.

A couple of basic things I'd like to see:
- More lamppost chargers. Wouldn't mind if these had a preferred rate for borough residents either (may be cheeky or not possible, but worth a punt)

- Contactless as standard but some kind of option to pay cash, for example if you're charging at a location like a petrol station. Maybe an RFID card that you can top-up using cash, but can be used across all networks if that's even possible. I've experienced total contactless failure more than once.

Just had this through from the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles:

Dear Stakeholder,

We wrote to you in August 2021 and again in April 2022 confirming a temporary extension to the period for Plug-in Vehicle Grant orders to reach ‘completed’ status on the grant portal from 9 months to 12 months until further notice.

Due to the ongoing semi-conductor shortage issue and the conflict in Ukraine further impacting manufacturing supply chains, we can now confirm the following:

We are extending the Plug-in Vehicle Grant delivery period to 18 months, meaning that eligibility for the grant will now expire if the vehicle is not delivered within 18 months of the order being recorded on the grant portal.

Vehicle orders recorded on the portal between 14th June 2021 – 31st March 2023 will benefit from this 18-month delivery period. From 1st April 2023, there will be no further extensions to the Plug-in Vehicle Grant delivery period after this date.

The DVLA has a record of all grants that would have expired from 14 June 2022 (first logged on the portal after 14 June 2021). For all orders currently ‘On Hold’, dealers should only send the request to put an order back to ‘Awaiting Registration’ status once they are registering the vehicle. These will be reopened on the portal. We will follow up with communications on this additional process in due course. Retailers and dealers will be responsible for communicating with their customers, to ensure they receive the grant.

As with the previous delivery window, all orders that have exceeded their 18-month delivery period will continue to be cancelled on the Plug-in Grants portal – referenced in paragraph 2.16 of the portal guidance.

The delivery period for multi-stage build vehicles (MSBs) and wheelchair accessible vehicle orders (WAVs) also remains at 18 months.

If you have any queries regarding this matter, please email us at [email protected].

Good news for Vanarama customers, like me, as that should keep us eligible for the grant.
Unless they're screwed over by MG even more than they have been so far...

I suspect that Vanarama are now intentionally holding these back as they just don't wish to honour the price.
I am gonna chase this right to the end as was was told the price would not change if the grant was extended, And I assume they have a recording of that phone call somewhere.

Just seen this on the MG4 Facebook group. Wondering what it might mean for us that have ordered MG4s, or have already taken delivery.

It does say in the article that the consumer window hasn't been extended though, I'm guessing this relates to new models being introduced within the timeframe of the extension.

Thought it would make a good talking point regardless :)

Hi
Reading this it seem the plug in grant has been extended to end of March next year.

I’m guessing this will exclude any Trophy that’s not white or blue? I’ve ordered a Camden Grey Trophy which comes to £32,040 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
So, does this mean a WHITE MG4 Trophy £31,495 should really be £29, 995 and this is where our reductions should be calculated from? Perhaps I should contact the dealer (deposit paid on Saturday) and ask if the PiCG means I should only be funding the £29, 995?

So, does this mean a WHITE MG4 Trophy £31,495 should really be £29, 995 and this is where our reductions should be calculated from? Perhaps I should contact the dealer (deposit paid on Saturday) and ask if the PiCG means I should only be funding the £29, 995?
I have a feeling a lot of customers will be contacting dealers about this. Not just MG orders!

Makes me wonder how it will work for customers that have already taken delivery and in effect, have either bought the car already or already started their finance.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom