Ohme Home Pro 3.8kW max charge

I might be misunderstanding, but wouldn't it only output the max if there was no or low draw from the house?

Just wondering what it would do if no clamp detector is present 🤔
Yes. My wording could have been better. When I say "max" I meant the limited maximum that the charger should output should the house be drawing as well.

I just had Ohme Pro installed and it only charges at 3.7kW, I called Ohme and they say they can't see a problem, I have been asked by them to try max charge. I have a Nissan Ariya.
should I ask them to check the load balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Nissan Ariya.
But which model? According to the evdatabase, the UK Ariya has either a 7.4 kW single phase or a 22 kW 3-phase on-board charger.

Either way, unless you have only a single phase 16 A EVSE (the Ohme), you should be getting 7.4 kW or even 11 kW.

Are you on 3 phase power?

If not, it's probably a DIP switch or configuration command to tell the Ohme that it has a 32 A supply, and can safely draw 32 A to charge the car at 7.4 kW.

I have an Ohme Pro single phase that comes straight from the meter and should charge at 7kwh my aria has an 83kwh battery. again it charged from 54% to 76% in 6 hours at 3.7kwh and I put the Ohme on the red fast charge screen. looks like another call to Ohme, I will ask them to turn off the balance control to see what I get then.

Okay, I've just finished speaking with a very helpful lady at Ohme and checked all settings and it would appear that the car is limiting the charge. She mentioned that she has an MG and on 5kw lamp AC charger it slows at around 20 miles from 100%. Mine seems to be worse with soc 60% and 125 miles (from memory). Currently 70% 134 miles. Wife said it was at 7kw when first plugged in at about 2pm. Ohme has suggested running down to 40%, jump onto another 7kw charger and see what rates I get.

Last week end I jumped on to a Tesco 7kw charger. After one hour it only charged from 60% to 63% so I suspect this problem has been around for a while.

Also it has been queried as to whether the MG had had its update which it hasn't. So MG update is booked and take it from there.
Hi there would you have a contact number or email for the Ohme Pro Charger people...?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom