Ohme pro charger scheduled charging

SilMg5

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,
I have finally got a ohme pro charger installed yesterday. Is it me or the vehicle or the charger that’s not clever enough to figure out how to limit the charging to 80%.
The charger cannot seem to figure the state of charge of the battery always thinks it’s 0% and tries to charge to 100% despite the battery being at 70%.
I am not on one of the ev tariffs as we still have decent tariff fixed till March next year, when we renewed a year ago.
All I want it to do is just charge for 4 hours every day and keep the battery between 20 and 80% as I don’t need any more than that for my daily commute to work.
Any help would be great or have I made the wrong choice with the charger here and have to live with it now? 🤦‍♂️

Thank you all.

If you have the app downloaded and have set up your car type, I'd assume the charge schedule in the 'Manage my MG', 'Add Schedule' could be set to add 108 miles which is what my 4 hours of Octopus Go charging increases my LR battery by. It's the equivalent of 35% to 80% on my car.

I have to admit that the Omhe app could be improved no end as far as charging goes. It's not intuitive at all and would be improved simply by having a simple start time/end time option.

It does talk to the meter with Octopus Go to confirm that the lower price tarriff is in operation before allowing charge, but even this is based on a setting of 'don't charge if the tariff is above a certain price' setting.

Hope this helps.

You will learn how much charge you need to add. 2.5 Hours is enough for my daily commute so I set my Zappi for that. During the winter I will need to add 3hours.

The car doesn't have this intelligence.
The car has the intelligence, it just doesn't want to share the information - it's dumb in the sense of mute. The Trophy version of the facelift model will have an App that can access it but I'm not aware of API access being granted to the data - the same applies to some of the facelift ZS models.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom