One happy bunny,😊

Funny you should mention that, on my way home the lane keep assist activated, an odd feeling and initially I thought there might be a problem until I realised it was activated,
I think have to do a bit of swatting up on the subject, in fact there’s quite a bit to get on board but I’ll have fun learning.
as for the lights, it was only dusky on the way home so couldn’t really tell but I’ll report back, that said, from what I did see they are considerably better than the MG5.
Les, let us know whether you can actually switch the lane keep assist off, permanently, if you don’t use the automatic cruise control, please.

I hope you've got a nice long range test lined up for this weekend :LOL: We're all gagging to hear what the real real world range and comfort on the long drive is like. Hoping you're going to take it on a proper test drive for us. 🤞

I hope you've got a nice long range test lined up for this weekend :LOL: We're all gagging to hear what the real real world range and comfort on the long drive is like. Hoping you're going to take it on a proper test drive for us. 🤞
Certainly, not a problem, thing is I’ve got the SR as I don’t really do high mileage anymore .

I’m on it ! Get back as soon as I have found out 👍
I look forward to all your updates before Tuesday, save me working it out myself on the M6 and potentially crashing my new MG4 lol. I've never had driver assist things apart from cruise control so will be an interesting discovery.

My experience of lane assist is two fold. Use of indicators when changing lanes is a must or the car "fights" you as it thinks you are straying. Depending on sensitivity, which I cannot adjust on my MX30, during the winter it can mistake snow stacked up at the roadside for a white line and will try to pull the car over into the other lane ever so gently...unfortunately the other lane could be oncoming traffic. All these aids are good...and my MX30 has loads of it... but for me the key message is never forget your own driving instincts and don't become too dependent on them just in case you accidentally switch them off or they stop working.

My understanding from reviews so far is that the settings you choose with regards to driving aids are saved. Rather than you having to change settings before or during every drive. I hope this is the case. Set up regen on the configurable steering wheel button, customise the driving mode to suit, I'll be happy with that.

My understanding from reviews so far is that the settings you choose with regards to driving aids are saved. Rather than you having to change settings before or during every drive. I hope this is the case. Set up regen on the configurable steering wheel button, customise the driving mode to suit, I'll be happy with that.
Likewise. I am giving some thoughts to setting upo the custom driving mode as I like the sports setting for the steering wheel, but intend to drive at Normal, Kerr’s 2 in the main.

I assume I will be able to achieve that 🧐

Cacchio, e' proprio bella!

I've got a test drive late this afternoon at the same dealer. It's my chance to back out of the deal..

Do update again today if you get the chance on anything of interest. I'll check this afternoon and confirm cable and manual situation. How much charge did they hand it over with?

Agreed. Every other EV (Id3 and Kona) I drove, you had to reset, before you drive.

Yes they are saved...once you find you find your ideal setting and do so. The only one on my existing car that needs done every time is automatic brake hold...most cars you can set this to permanently on...bar my MX30. The ones I change most are AC or DC % charge levels and scheduled charge on/off when manually charging. Be interesting to get a view of the owners manual.

Alan

Les, let us know whether you can actually switch the lane keep assist off, permanently, if you don’t use the automatic cruise control, please.
Yes you can, it’s quite easy to find on the MG pilot settings menu.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 111
Really happy for you, shows the rest of us shouldn't be too far behind now. Would be interested to hear if it comes with a proper printed manual, or is it all electronic through the screen?
No manual but it’s on the infotainment system, you can also download it but it’s not on the MG site yet, I’ve asked for a link and will share when I get it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 119
Must be weird when the pilot functions take over the car, not sure I'm ready for that.
Did a test drive of a Mazda MX30 few months back and it beeped me. I asked the dealer in the passenger seat why and he said "It thought you were going to hit the other car" haha! Hope we don't lose our faith in our own judgement!
Found out how to disable it in mg pilot menu.

Great to hear that you are enjoying your car.
Please can you check if it remembers the driving modes? So if you set it in Sport, does it default to Normal the next time you start the car?

2 years ago I booked a holiday to Disney World and arrived yesterday. I was very excited to be coming here.
This morning my dealer sent me a photograph of ‘my new’ car in their car park being charged.
As much as I love being in Disney, I am now getting more excited to be coming home to collect my very first new car in my life.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back