One pedal driving survey

Would you like the option of one pedal driving added to your MY 22 MG4, regardless of using it?

• Total voters
What was your average speed for the journey? (It's on the same screen where the miles/kWh is shown).

IMG_20231009_174834.jpg
That's my journey home today - bit of heavy traffic and 60 limit on the motorway, but 70 on the dual carriageway after.

IMG_20231009_174854.jpg

And that's my accumulated total, but bearing in mind my efficiency has gone way up since I started messing with settings and driving almost exclusively in one pedal mode/adaptive/eco.

Hard to say. I agree it will be a cold day in hell when my car ever shows that efficiency in normal driving (as opposed to crawling around town), but the car goes on counting minutes when you're actually stationary, so the reported average speed is often way under the real speed.

Everyone's journey will start and end with some low speed driving, so I think most journeys of that length will show similar average speeds. I agree it's important to compare apples with apples though.

Hard to say. I agree it will be a cold day in hell when my car ever shows that efficiency in normal driving (as opposed to crawling around town), but the car goes on counting minutes when you're actually stationary, so the reported average speed is often way under the real speed.
The average takes into account the time waiting, so it isn't hard to say - a high average speed gives a lower efficiency. It is easy to get high numbers either over a short distance or with a low average because urban journeys or traffic dominates.

Everyone's journey will start and end with some low speed driving, so I think most journeys of that length will show similar average speeds. I agree it's important to compare apples with apples though.
Mine doesn't for long journeys because it is less than 5 mins drive to the dual carriageway. Much depends where you live. My efficiency suffers also because it is all hills, not flat, so the journey always starts off with a low score.

So, today I went to the dentist, not very exciting you say. Let me tell you it was a little exciting. Minding my own business, I’m doing 29 mph (no, really, I am) and I approach a pedestrian crossing. Now, I’m not aware of the MG4 Trophy looking at traffic signals but I do hope someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Pedestrian crossing, green light, nobody even close to the kerb, in fact nobody within sight of said crossing. Just as I get to the crossing, I get beeps and an emergency brake that uses my seatbelt to stop me face planting the dash board. What in the actual F*** just happened was my first thought. It was so fast, I was disoriented. I gathered my thoughts and looked. I looked at the crossing. Clear. I looked behind me. Clear. I looked in front of me. Clear and I looked at each side of me going forwards. Clear. Anyone care to hazard at a guess because I’m baffled. Especially as part of my preflight, I turn off everything so no LKA, no front or rear collision, no driver awareness, nothing is left switched in. This is really beginning to annoy me now. Any suggestions please!

Did you capture this on a dashcam?
Unfortunately no, I’m in the process of moving and I’ve changed vehicles so I’m in a bit of a pickle with finding stuff currently as the place I’ve moved into is being refurbished. But I wish I had.

Last edited:
That's a shame.
If you take it to a dealer they'll probably do nothing claiming they can't replicate the issue.

That's a shame.
If you take it to a dealer they'll probably do nothing claiming they can't replicate the issue.
Already had that. Been waiting 6 or 7 weeks for a replacement tailgate that binds against the roofline On opening Just because they couldn’t replicate it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back