One week in ….

JDMB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
… and I absolutely love this car.

It makes me smile every time I drive it, greeted with “Wassup, dawg?” custom message, and even the idiosyncrasies make me smile as it has its own character. It makes my solar and battery install an even better investment too.

Yes the LKA needs an update, but even as someone that’s not a car nut like some of you here (and there’s nothing wrong with being a car nut), I’m absolutely sure that I made the right choice (let’s see how this ages 😁) and when you spend money for anything, that’s exactly how it should make you feel.

Attachments

• IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183

It makes me smile every time I drive it, greeted with “Wassup, dawg?” custom message, and even the idiosyncrasies make me smile as it has its own character. It makes my solar and battery install an even better investment too.

Yes the LKA needs an update, but even as someone that’s not a car nut like some of you here (and there’s nothing wrong with being a car nut), I’m absolutely sure that I made the right choice (let’s see how this ages 😁) and when you spend money for anything, that’s exactly how it should make you feel.
I share that sentiment. Superb car, i'm 2 weeks in and love it too.

I have had my Camden Grey Trophy for just over a week, and like the OP I smile every single time I get into it and drive anywhere. I am constantly looking for 'excuses' to go somewhere, which is something I have not done for a long while. A couple of days ago, my wife spotted three lads in their late teens or early twenties ogling the car while it was in the car-park at a local bakery.......that really made me smile 😁.

I have not had so much fun in a car since I had my Saab 900 turbo back in the 1990's (and I have had several). However, at my advanced age, I guess I am easily pleased 🤣.

Other than a quick test run on a rapid charger, the car has cost me nothing to run so far, as the solar panels and house battery have provided enough energy to top it up and with some careful management, my wife's Renault Zoe battery too.......what not to like?

Had my Camden Grey Trophy for almost 6 weeks, had a similar experience with it to yourself.

I had read lots of scare stories and also lots of positive stories about the car before I pulled the trigger, and mine turned out as expected;
A fantastic car, smooth, quiet, efficient and very clever in comparison to my previous diesel load lugger.

It's due a good clean and a polish, which I will be doing with a smile, because the lines of the car look amazing when clean and shiny.

I'm still looking for excuses to jump in it and drive. It's a very good car when (mostly) everything works as it should, especially for the money.

LKA is a nightmare on country roads. But most cars behave this way, it's just a shame we can't turn it off so easily when in motion.

Overall, it suits my needs well and I'm happy with the car. Long may that continue for us all.

Just turn off LKA as part of your routine pre-flight check, and the problem goes away.
I still keep forgetting although I don’t often drive on roads where I go over the trigger limit, although on an soon to be trip to Bath from Surrey I’ll need to remember.

I have just had a (maybe) brilliant idea though - use the voice greeting to prompt me to turn it off!!!

Just turn off LKA as part of your routine pre-flight check, and the problem goes away.

See for me, I don't turn anything off, as the vast majority of my journeys on a normal daily basis are 20/30/40 suburban town/small-city roads. It's only when I venture further afield on the back roads that I need to turn it off.

My LKA behaves itself 99.9% of the time on my usual journeys as I only drive on 40+ roads (usually) a few times a week.

My pre-flight routine consists of pressing play on the right steering wheel joystick to continue whatever music/radio station I was listening to last. Then foot on the pedal and drive away. No fannying about at all. Which I'm glad about.

See for me, I don't turn anything off, as the vast majority of my journeys on a normal daily basis are 20/30/40 suburban town/small-city roads. It's only when I venture further afield on the back roads that I need to turn it off.

My LKA behaves itself 99.9% of the time on my usual journeys as I only drive on 40+ roads (usually) a few times a week.

My pre-flight routine consists of pressing play on the right steering wheel joystick to continue whatever music/radio station I was listening to last. Then foot on the pedal and drive away. No fannying about at all. Which I'm glad about.

You need to press a button to get it to play the radio station you had on last..?

Ah you mean you’re using a streamed radio station.
Couldn’t fathom why you’d have to reselect a DAB or FM station.

Yeah I just pause it, regardless of what's playing, be that USB music or radio. Means I (or passengers) don't get a shock when I sit down and tunes start blaring out at full volume. It remembers the source next time I press play.

If I pause the radio, it doesn't actually pause live radio, for obvious reasons (I asked, they wouldn't add that feature 🤔) it just mutes it. Which has the same, desired effect.

Ah you mean you’re using a streamed radio station.
Couldn’t fathom why you’d have to reselect a DAB or FM station.
We have to restart our radio everytime its a pain keep getting infotainment gliches as well sometimes the LKA option disappears so can't turn off only 1 week in and so far quite a few things we aren't impressed with mg4 trophy

Surely something wrong there. The LKA has never "disappeared" on my SE. What do you mean by disappear? When you tab through to MG Pilot, is the option simply not there, or what?

In the SE, even if you turn off the radio or USB sound, it comes back on when you restart the car. In the Trophy people say it goes off when you tell it to go off and stays off until you turn it on again, which is as it should be. Are you saying that even if you don't turn off the radio when you leave the car, it's off when you restart the car?

Surely something wrong there. The LKA has never "disappeared" on my SE. What do you mean by disappear? When you tab through to MG Pilot, is the option simply not there, or what?

In the SE, even if you turn off the radio or USB sound, it comes back on when you restart the car. In the Trophy people say it goes off when you tell it to go off and stays off until you turn it on again, which is as it should be. Are you saying that even if you don't turn off the radio when you leave the car, it's off when you restart the car?
Yes radio on when you stop and lock up. Radio off when you restart. Mg pilot sometimes all options there and sometimes the option to have LKA on or off or the amount of warning alarm corrective steering etc doesn't always appear

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back