Opinions

Nope, just trying to pass your plate off as something it’s not and reporting someone else for doing the same. 😂 Hypocritical and quite petty, in my humble opinion.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Funnily enough I reported a Mercedes hybrid to the police for displaying green badge plates yesterday.
I see it from time to time on my commute.
I messaged the main dealer that supplied the plates and, despite their assurances, they’ve evidently done sod all about contacting the owner and getting them replaced.
So, sod it, time the owner was made to change them.
Are you joking? It's strange but not illegal to display a green stripe on a non EV. I hope the police explained they had a million better things to deal with, not least, illegally (and it is illegal) spaced number plates.

Are you joking? It's strange but not illegal to display a green stripe on a non EV. I hope the police explained they had a million better things to deal with, not least, illegally (and it is illegal) spaced number plates.

Only zero emissions cars are allowed to display plates with a green flash.

Yes I have had mine for 2 years now. You just renew it each year. The area is limited to car parks within the inner ring road area and I think that I have used it about 4 times.
And on-street parking IIRC. (y)

And the fine will be £20 and no points like bad numberplate spacing.

And no one cares.

Spacing LAW predates ANPR systems. Some can look so whacky its hard to interpret them as the car leaves the scene of an accident

And the fine will be £20 and no points like bad numberplate spacing.

And no one cares.

Spacing LAW predates ANPR systems. Some can look so whacky its hard to interpret them as the car leaves the scene of an accident

I don’t care that you don’t care. 🤷‍♂️
What I care about is dealers and owners wrongly using green plates.
If the owner ‘only’ gets a fine that’s cool with me, as he/she will probably be annoyed with the dealer and possibly have a go at them.
Then said dealer (hopefully) won’t fit them to a bloody hybrid again.

Some say illegal number plate spacings convey a hint of SDE and don’t project the image you think they do. I would never say such things. I think they look boss. The ones I like the most are those so obscure that owner fits a surround to the plate explaining what it is supposed to say. I’m going for a set of those.

Some say illegal number plate spacings convey a hint of SDE and don’t project the image you think they do. I would never say such things. I think they look boss. The ones I like the most are those so obscure that owner fits a surround to the plate explaining what it is supposed to say. I’m going for a set of those.
I once tried the legal route to all that. I changed my name to the car’s registration but changed it back when no one got in touch.

I’m getting a new one

MGH 8R

I’ll leave illegal spacing thoughts to you
I’m not going green flashes
I’m going Hawaiian blush.

I’m getting a new one

MGH 8R

I’ll leave illegal spacing thoughts to you
I’m not going green flashes
I’m going Hawaiian blush.
That would look boss, definitely purchase, in “3D” - get the surround also 👍

You could save a few quid by going for MG118R perhaps? A strategically placed number plate screw would really set it off. 👌

Last edited:
That would look boss, definitely purchase, in “3D” - get the surround also 👍

You could save a few quid by going for MG118R perhaps? A strategically placed number plate screw would really set it off. 👌

Screws to make it look like something else?
What is this, amateur hour?

Still liked the one I saw on a red Porsche somewhere in London in the 1990s.

MOT 10 N

With no spaces, natch.

Also 1 AM
That reminds me of a couple of famous number plates.

Jimmy Tarbuck had COM 1C
and Paul Daniels had MAG 1C

I know a guy who won the lottery (£350k), bought himself a new merc coupe and the Reg ‘1P’ (his surname started with P)
The Reg allegedly cost more than the car.

Screws to make it look like something else?
What is this, amateur hour?
Yeah , you’re right. Screws is amateurish. Illegal spacing is the way. 😉

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video