Opinions

Funnily enough, when I see P100D I think of an old Ford pickup truck. :)

1684437073737.png

I don’t care that you don’t care. 🤷‍♂️
What I care about is dealers and owners wrongly using green plates.
If the owner ‘only’ gets a fine that’s cool with me, as he/she will probably be annoyed with the dealer and possibly have a go at them.
Then said dealer (hopefully) won’t fit them to a bloody hybrid again.

I think you misunderstood.

My point was people like yourself are not concerned about spacing as the fines and repercussions are so low if caught. “No one cares”.

If it was £300 and 6 points it would be different.

Only time plates are a problem is it can fail an MOT. So people temporarily change them.

I'm not sure about the green plates now. I like using the, in most cases, faster acceleration to pull away from most cars at a light. I did this getting on to a motorway the other day and the modded blue Kia Ceed that had been next to me at that light caught up to me on the motorway and intentionally cut me off causing me to swerve abruptly onto the hard shoulder to avoid a potentially fatal collision. He then recklessly drove off nearly hitting 2 other cars.

Knowing he was the car next to me at that light I just can't think of any reason he'd have targeted me specifically other than he was mad his precious ICE got beat easily off the line and decided to do a bit of road rage. And I feel like the incident might have been less likely to happen if the plates didn't make my car stand out.

I'm not sure about the green plates now. I like using the, in most cases, faster acceleration to pull away from most cars at a light. I did this getting on to a motorway the other day and the modded blue Kia Ceed that had been next to me at that light caught up to me on the motorway and intentionally cut me off causing me to swerve abruptly onto the hard shoulder to avoid a potentially fatal collision. He then recklessly drove off nearly hitting 2 other cars.

Knowing he was the car next to me at that light I just can't think of any reason he'd have targeted me specifically other than he was mad his precious ICE got beat easily off the line and decided to do a bit of road rage. And I feel like the incident might have been less likely to happen if the plates didn't make my car stand out.

I doubt he even noticed a green strip as his brain cell was already busy.

So he took you accelerating as being goaded.
That’s nothing to do with green plates.
He’s a dick and that’s that.
Karma will get the bellend, one day he’ll get battered.

You know, what’s funny about the post above is I often aim for these bellends, I can spot them a mile off.
Only the other day I spotted a young lad in his bog standard golf, determined to be first away from the lights every time (while sitting like he’s in a deckchair…..)

So I manoeuvred myself alongside him and floored it when the lights went green.

Honestly, hearing him thrash his car in apoplectic anger to the point it was on the verge of grenading into a thousand oily pieces was brilliant fun.
As was openly laughing and pointing as he went past.
I think he was waving to concede, but I’m not sure…. 😂

You know, what’s funny about the post above is I often aim for these bellends, I can spot them a mile off.
Only the other day I spotted a young lad in his bog standard golf, determined to be first away from the lights every time (while sitting like he’s in a deckchair…..)

So I manoeuvred myself alongside him and floored it when the lights went green.

Honestly, hearing him thrash his car in apoplectic anger to the point it was on the verge of grenading into a thousand oily pieces was brilliant fun.
As was openly laughing and pointing as he went past.
I think he was waving to concede, but I’m not sure…. 😂
That's not something I've ever done.

1684480822869.png

I like to think I’m quite observant, although my wife would beg to differ, however I didn’t even notice the green flash on my plates until a few days after I’d had it, and was performing my daily go around for wife/children inflicted damage.

I didn't notice green plates on any car until I collected mine. I didn't immediately connect it to its being an electric car, and the penny only dropped a couple of days later.

I'll bet most people aren't aware of which of the cars they are seeing are electric.

And good luck trying to smoke my GTi at any sets of lights.

I didn't notice green plates on any car until I collected mine. I didn't immediately connect it to its being an electric car, and the penny only dropped a couple of days later.

I'll bet most people aren't aware of which of the cars they are seeing are electric.

Ach GTi’s, Porches, Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s - it’s all the same to me and my 5 estate car. It costs them a wee fortune in fuel, clutches and tyres when they try it on with us - I’ll always have that serene, smug countenance at the next lights when we get level again - and if we’re level ???

Yes it took me a while before I realised what they were denoting. I wonder if it so that the cameras monitoring these clean air or congestion charge zones can identify which cars need to pay or not

The congestion charge zone in London (for example) is monitored by ANPR cameras and linked to the DVLA database. So a green stripe doesn't matter - they'd know if an ICE was trying to masquerade as an EV or Hybrid. I imagine most such zones operate the same way.

I’ve owned at least 8 GTIs over the years.
The last being a 2020 polo GTi.
Launching them, even with the auto DSG box, is a mess of wheelspin and axle tramp (where’s the wheels bounce up and down and it’s a horrible ‘bang bang bang’ noise)
All GTIs do this, check any GTI forum and you’ll see it, so chances are an MG4 and certainly my born will do them away from the lights.

I’ve owned at least 8 GTIs over the years.
The last being a 2020 polo GTi.
Launching them, even with the auto DSG box, is a mess of wheelspin and axle tramp (where’s the wheels bounce up and down and it’s a horrible ‘bang bang bang’ noise)
All GTIs do this, check any GTI forum and you’ll see it, so chances are an MG4 and certainly my born will do them away from the lights.
This was also my experience. Very quick but hard to get off the line cleanly and the front wheels fighting to steer and pull at the same time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back