Orange HV Battery Warning Light

Orange comes on at 1 bar, which is approx 25% SOC.

The SOC bars at the bottom of the speedo drop approx 11% per blob until it gets to the last one which is at roughly 25% SOC, so miles left will depend on you. :)

Upvote 0
Hi @Headgas1 , check out our eco range test we done in an Aussie summer. Towards the end of the video we talk through running on fumes....keep in mind this is in km not miles though.

Great video very informative keep up the good work I shall be checking out your YouTube channel now buddy cheers 👍🏻😉😁

Upvote 0
By hypermiling the ZS will do 310 miles on a full charge: 25% = 77 miles
In cold wet conditions might only get half of that

Upvote 0
On the original BMS - I found that the orange warning light would display at around 40 miles of remaining range on the GOM and at the point when you had two white bricks / blobs showing.
On the latest BMS - I find the orange warning light, comes on at around 35 miles of.remaining range left on the GOM and with one white brick / blob remaining.
So, there is a slight difference between how the system reports the remaining range across both software types.

Upvote 0
On the original BMS - I found that the orange warning light would display at around 40 miles of remaining range on the GOM and at the point when you had two white bricks / blobs showing.
On the latest BMS - I find the orange warning light, comes on at around 35 miles of.remaining range left on the GOM and with one white brick / blob remaining.
So, there is a slight difference between how the system reports the remaining range across both software types.
That's odd, I'm on the old BMS (456v) and my low battery orange light comes on at 30 miles, one blob. 🤔
I'm beginning to think I have a unique BMS now.

Upvote 0
That's odd, I'm on the old BMS (456v) and my low battery orange light comes on at 30 miles, one blob. 🤔
I'm beginning to think I have a unique BMS now.
Hey !.
Yours maybe fine and mine is the “Odd Bod”.
About twice a year, we make a trip to see friends in Harlech ( Wales ).
So this is a good “Peg In The Ground” type of trip regarding range etc.
The first time we made the trip, the car was very new and running on the 456 volt software.
The charging infrastructure down there was almost zero, so we where stretching the range going there and back on one charge.
On the first trip, I was keeping a close eye on the range, on our return trip home.
When we got about 8 miles from home, when we received the orange range warning light.
Right on the point of receiving the warning there was two white bricks showing on the GOM.
I flicked the range switch ( pre comfort 2 update ) and we had around 39 - 40 miles remaining.
Of course, we made it home with no issue at all.
The second time we made the trip, it was a similar pattern if I remember correctly ?.
Then the car received the BMS update in Jan 21 and we where dealing with a bit of a unknown situation.
As we know already, the car behaves slightly differently after the update.
Regen available earlier and other things that have been reported here at length before.
We have made the trip twice now after the update and I have noticed that we are down to ONE white brick on the GOM and a reported remaining range of around 30 miles.
So this is more like what you are seeing.
The actual capacity of the battery is nearer 42 kw/h’s rather than the 44 kWh/‘s when first published on release.
I have never seen the RED warning ⚠️ light for the low range warning and I am in no hurry to see it either !.

Upvote 0
Maybe it was the comfort 2 update that made it different, mine had it already when I got it.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom