Orange Trophy in 4 weeks?

pete3112

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Salesman said he can get me a orange trophy in 4 weeks today if i leave a deposit is he full of it ?
Are there spare cars around guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be suspicious of the four weeks figure as orders take longer than that. Currently it appears that dealers are being allocated cars by MG fairly randomly based on a share of what comes off of a boat in one load. So how they know what they will get in the next four weeks seems open to question. However, as @WonkoTheSaneUK says the orange doesn't seem as popular as MG expected so there may be some stock available.

I'd be suspicious of the four weeks figure as orders take longer than that. Currently it appears that dealers are being allocated cars by MG fairly randomly based on a share of what comes off of a boat in one load. So how they know what they will get in the next four weeks seems open to question. However, as @WonkoTheSaneUK says the orange doesn't seem as popular as MG expected so there may be some stock available.
Been today and ordered an orange trophy only to be told 16 week wait but if anything comes available they will ring me as i thought they would say when it actually came down to me saying ill have one in four weeks

Been today and ordered an orange trophy only to be told 16 week wait but if anything comes available they will ring me as i thought they would say when it actually came down to me saying ill have one in four weeks
Try croxdale mg n Durham they have 3 in orange

Ordered Trophy in orange two and half weeks ago, was told 8 weeks but may be sooner (salesman was very confident about this), 16 weeks if I wanted it in any other colour (luckily I wanted the orange). Got an email today from my dealer to say they have one for me and I can collect by the end of the month. Definitely seem to be more orange trophy's than any other colour ATM!

Ordered Trophy in orange two and half weeks ago, was told 8 weeks but may be sooner (salesman was very confident about this), 16 weeks if I wanted it in any other colour (luckily I wanted the orange). Got an email today from my dealer to say they have one for me and I can collect by the end of the month. Definitely seem to be more orange trophy's than any other colour ATM!
Same as I was told, enjoy the car

Ordered ours weeks ago and the dealer has not said another word since. Does make me wonder how good a dealer can be. If its was me I would keep every customer updated at least every couple of weeks on the progress. Is it MG that does not give any info to the dealer?
Phoned twice and get nothing back. Wont even return my call.

Ordered ours weeks ago and the dealer has not said another word since. Does make me wonder how good a dealer can be. If its was me I would keep every customer updated at least every couple of weeks on the progress. Is it MG that does not give any info to the dealer?
Phoned twice and get nothing back. Wont even return my call.
In contrast I get a video message once a week with an update fron the salesman that sold me the car even if he has no news.

In contrast I get a video message once a week with an update fron the salesman that sold me the car even if he has no news.
At least you are getting something. Cars2 got the order and then nothing. I even called twice with a couple of questions regarding cables and charger but nothing at all back from them. Just me maybe but these seem to have the old thought 'We have your order now so move on to next sucker'. My customer service would be keep the customer upto date even if there is no news yet.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back