Order books are open!

here are the prices in Germany. if this year is still delivered, there is still a subsidy of 9570 euros (6000 state, 3570 dealers). The price is Netto plus 19%tax
For a country with an incoming energy crisis that's a fantastic discount.

Are you still going to be the first owner to get the OZEV grant or will the new purchaser be the first owner but not benefit from the grant? If you are willing to share, what's the price from the dealer?
Hey Bugeyed,

the car was ordered in Feb, but I ordered it in June, hence no OZEV, price ordered at 34, 590 (or around that). No idea what the dealer will deal with regarding price. Just thought I would ask if anyone wanted to look into taking it on and speak with the dealer.

I am not bothered either way.

I’m at a loss to understand how an MG 4 ordered now can realistically arrive before year end when MG ZS ordered in January of this year ( in my case ) won’t arrive until February of 2023

If MG 4 will indeed only take three months from day of order ?, I’d happily switch but what reason have I to trust SIAC ?

I’m at a loss to understand how an MG 4 ordered now can realistically arrive before year end when MG ZS ordered in January of this year ( in my case ) won’t arrive until February of 2023

If MG 4 will indeed only take three months from day of order ?, I’d happily switch but what reason have I to trust SIAC ?
I think they already built the 2000 MG4s scheduled for this year before opening the order books for them.

As I understand the MG4 is a totally separate production line with different components.

It's entirely possible that they designed the MG4 to avoid the shortages affecting the ZS
That’s great to hear, I’m beginning to think my dealer is a dud , he rang me last Wednesday to inform me that I would not receive my January 6th order until probably February of next year and when I began asking about the MG 4 , he had no information whatsoever, let alone suggest I switch from the ZS , I love the look of the 4

That’s great to hear, I’m beginning to think my dealer is a dud , he rang me last Wednesday to inform me that I would not receive my January 6th order until probably February of next year and when I began asking about the MG 4 , he had no information whatsoever, let alone suggest I switch from the ZS , I love the look of the 4
I don't understand why some dealers are so sh!t?! A new car is not a small purchase and I'm sure they themselves wouldn't be buy a £25k plus item every other month. I find the lack of care to be very off-putting. Hence my search for a good local deal that can earn the sale rather then expect it.

I don't understand why some dealers are so sh!t?! A new car is not a small purchase and I'm sure they themselves wouldn't be buy a £25k plus item every other month. I find the lack of care to be very off-putting. Hence my search for a good local deal that can earn the sale rather then expect it.
I live in Ireland and three businesses with about six dealerships sell MG so they all know each other, as such are unlikely to steal customers on each other ( big countries like the UK don’t tend to have this ) , if I’m annoyed with dealer jimmy , I could head over to dealer Johnny but he’ll tell me to go back to his mate Jimmy

Excellent l've order an SE standard range in blue, I don't expect to receive it for 12 months though. I'm sure demand is going to far outstrip the supply for a long time .
I’ve also ordered an SE standard range in blue today but the dealership is expecting it to land sometime next week hopefully.

The MG4 is the first 'all' SAIC vehicle and they have more control over getting parts to build them.

A little known fact about the current ZS is that it uses parys from the Mk1 Vauxhall/ Opel Mokka (its a great pub quiz question!) thanks to the SAIC/GM partnership.

This has obviously made getting materials to build the vehicle much harder for SAIC, hence the delays.

I’ve also ordered an SE standard range in blue today but the dealership is expecting it to land sometime next week hopefully.
I hope so, I understood that there were only 2000 MG 4 s arriving in the uk before the end of the year. Judging by the enthusiasm on here and feedback from my dealer I should of thought that all 2000 were already sold. But hopefully mine lands next week too.

Is that first batch of cars? I would have thought the dealers would have known their spec and allocation already.

I’m beginning to think my dealer is a dud

three businesses with about six dealerships sell MG so they all know each other, as such are unlikely to steal customers on each other

I'd have thought the exact opposite unless you suspect a cartel, they have only a defined competition. If your dealer is a dud how will you sticking with them help them improve or make your experience any better?

The latest update from my dealer is that they've confirmed that the demo car will come on the same delivery as their initial allocation. i.e. cars for customers and their demo and showroom cars will all arrive together.

This should mean a quick turnaround from a test drive to driving away in my own MG4, assuming a good outcome from the test drive.

Last edited:
The latest update from my dealer is that they've confirmed that the demo car will come on the same delivery as their initial allocation. i.e. cars for customers and their demo and showroom cars will all arrive together.

This should mean a quick turnaround from a test drive to driving away in my own MG4, assuming a good outcome from the test drive.
I'm curious what would it take to walk away from the test drive/order? After reading so much and feeling like MG4 has taken over my internet life I feel like I'm committed anyway. I do think some dealers think this too and hence a slight sub par experience in customer service.

I think the only thing now is the BYD Atto3 which is probably out. Or a v1 Cupra Born as there isn't too much in it between the Trophy and it.

Short of it feeling cramped in the back and the warranty being not as good as the headline 7yrs and the "you should only charge to 80%" being true, I think it might be a done deal.

Although residuals (losing 40% in 3 years) is something that bugs me (I don't really need a 1st reg owner car). Would prefer to let sometime else take the forecourt hit but seems like it's be waiting a long while to get one.

Now if only I could decide, red, white or blue!

I'm curious what would it take to walk away from the test drive/order? After reading so much and feeling like MG4 has taken over my internet life I feel like I'm committed anyway. I do think some dealers think this too and hence a slight sub par experience in customer service.

A test drive and looking the car over in the real world, and going through wants vs needs vs what the car has and how it operates, will get to a final yes/no outcome.

I agree that many (including dealers) will feel it's a done deal. Personally, I have a few areas I want to have more confidence I can live with. I've written about some of these elsewhere on the forum.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back