Outside temperature gone doolally.

Bricktop X PWR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Ive done a search and come up short so....I've left this nearly a week hoping that the car might get a grip of itself.

It hasn't.

I noticed last week that my outside temperature reading was 29 degrees.

Every time I've used it since, it's been over 30.

Today when I went out to strip and clean my rear brakes, the car was at 34.
It was 11 here today.

I've done a soft reset several times to no avail.

I'm going to disconnect the battery next but thought I'd ask here first just in case someone has an answer?

R40 software from new.

Ive done a search and come up short so....I've left this nearly a week hoping that the car might get a grip of itself.

It hasn't.

I noticed last week that my outside temperature reading was 29 degrees.

Every time I've used it since, it's been over 30.

Today when I went out to strip and clean my rear brakes, the car was at 34.
It was 11 here today.

I've done a soft reset several times to no avail.

I'm going to disconnect the battery next but thought I'd ask here first just in case someone has an answer?

R40 software from new.
Bit of wishful thinking by the car. 🙂

Bit of wishful thinking by the car. 🙂
Just checked and it's taking the Michael now!

Screenshot_20240219_175913_MG iSMART.jpg

That's a new one, I think.
Yes @Rolfe.

I was a bit surprised to be honest.

My search revealed nothing specific to what I'm experiencing at the moment.

What I forgot to mention is when I unlocked this morning and got in, the car threw up nearly every error message possible!
Impending doom?

Had my app do a John McEnroe on me with the inside temp, 12th of Jan in Scotland...You cannot be serious!!! So it might just be a software glitch of the sensor has an issue. Mine was OK after a couple of days and went back to expected readings.

IMG_5411.jpg

Yes, but not before today pal!🤣

Had my app do a John McEnroe on me with the inside temp, 12th of Jan in Scotland...You cannot be serious!!! So it might just be a software glitch of the sensor has an issue. Mine was OK after a couple of days and went back to expected readings.

View attachment 24149
On mine I always do 3 refreshes to get consistent results, as quickly as possible to minimise the systems powered up time.

The voltage starts about .2 to .5 above its final value. A voltmeter confirms this is about right and it matches the clicks of relays turning on.

The internal temp is 87 30% of the time on first refresh, then settles down to between 2 and 10 degrees above external (worse accuracy in the cold).

The external is dash dash about 20% of the time on first refresh then about right.

All liveable with once you get used to it unless the 'operation did not complete' message occurs which requires a full power up and then sometimes to wait a few hours. Been free of that for a week now so looking hopeful.

View attachment 24149

That happens to everybody all the time.

Ive not had the external temp so out 😒

is it on the infotainment screen too ? ... and does it affect the front fins opening ?

sounds like it could be the sensor if it's been like that for a week 🤷‍♂️

This was in a cool 9 c car park last Sunday.....
20240218_102126.jpg

Yes It needs a wipe.
Don't have a go.
Will check the fins later.
Listening to the 'Lock Stock' movie if anyone was interested 🤣

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No