Outside temperature gone doolally.

So basically bolloX.

I've done a battery disconnect (5 minutes)

No joy.

Factory reset.

No change. Still sitting here at 34ºC!

Now I can't get any heat unless it's on HI

32 Blows Cold!!!

Pretty miserable to be honest.
Knowing what a PITA these cars can be, reading the forums everyday, (apart from the vibes) I thought I had got away with it.

The only good thing is that my rear nearside window that has never worked, now works.

I've now got to put myself into the hands of the dealer network, and I really didn't want to do that☹️

20240220_133536.jpg

Edit: Might try a 24 hour disconnect?

Are the front flaps working as normal, they are temperature related and if they are staying open could suggest that the temperature sensor "thinks " its warmer than it is. MG have not put on a temperature sensor just to give a reading on the screen? There might be several sensors one of which doubles up to give screen reading. Or you have stated you love tinkering, possibly accidently loosened a connector/plug?

Are the front flaps working as normal, they are temperature related and if they are staying open could suggest that the temperature sensor "thinks " its warmer than it is. MG have not put on a temperature sensor just to give a reading on the screen? There might be several sensors one of which doubles up to give screen reading. Or you have stated you love tinkering, possibly accidently loosened a connector/plug?
No m8, they seem to be opening and closing as normal.
I've not done anything around the front of the car so unlikely to be that.
Just wondering if a longer disconnect might help.

Probably just a sensor gone tits up I reckon.

Dissapointing, but not totally unexpected.

When others have had problems that have been resolved by a battery disconnect, I believe they've had to leave the battery disconnected for at least 20 minutes to ensure 12volt system fully drains (assuming there are some capacitors that will need to drain?)

The problem does appear to be getting worse, so wondering if the sensor is breaking down, or whether it is a loose connection, or has some water ingress within the wiring? Anyone know where the exterior temperature sensor is located?

When others have had problems that have been resolved by a battery disconnect, I believe they've had to leave the battery disconnected for at least 20 minutes to ensure 12volt system fully drains (assuming there are some capacitors that will need to drain?)

The problem does appear to be getting worse, so wondering if the sensor is breaking down, or whether it is a loose connection, or has some water ingress within the wiring? Anyone know where the exterior temperature sensor is located?
I do 👍🤣
I am going to disconnect over night and see what happens......

Correct.
Hi Is as hot as it will go.
32 Is ice cold.

Nothing in between.

I am now the climate control.

Very annoying.

I reckon a sensor has gone on holiday and isn't coming back.

Dealer said I was due some updates so we will just have to wait and see.

EDIT Moved the Temp Settings to the Right Shortcut Button to make adjustments much easier.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel