OVMS support is coming

Mike

Hi Mike,
Do you need to have a data plan with this device? I know there is a sim card in them, but if there a separate monthly fee for that?
Many thanks
It’s free for a small amount of data, but I think it uses less from what I remember reading. I have signed up to Holigram, but I don’t think I needed too.

Coe

Hi Mike,
I’ve purchaed one of these and installed it. Ive setup and it kind of works but I don’t get any Info about the main battery. It does show some info about the 12 volt batt. I think I’m missing something obvious, did it work for you first time or did you have some trouble setting up. Thanks.

Mike

It took me ages to get it working! I had to reset the box at least once, then it 'failed' but on restart I discovered that it had worked.

I set up on my MacBook first, then once all running and with the current MG test firmware installed I then plugged into the car and everything worked fine. This is all the info I get using the iOS app.IMG_3828.jpegIMG_3829.jpeg

Mark Holmes

Ah thanks Mike, will you do a video on your latest tech the SoH could be useful as long as it accurate. Thank you for your response.
Just one question have you done a lot of rapid charging on have you mainly completed 7 KWh charging and granny cable charging?

Mike

Ah thanks Mike, will you do a video on your latest tech the SoH could be useful as long as it accurate. Thank you for your response.
Just one question have you done a lot of rapid charging on have you mainly completed 7 KWh charging and granny cable charging?
mostly 7kW, a handful of granny and about a dozen rapid charges. Rarely balance the battery.

Mark Holmes

Hmm so a big difference between the Leaf and the MG then..sounds positive and thank you for sharing this information.
Question with the MG battery warranty, when would this come in to effect to make some type of claim, is it purely on failure or would it include excessive battery degradation? What percentage of loss would MG deem acceptable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dudenl
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom